Cumbria Mariners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Quick Request

5 posters

Go down

A Quick Request Empty A Quick Request

Post  Marcus Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:54 am

Got my pads and helmet today... one query though - anyone else's DNA XL look like black?

I need to know if the Navy is really that dark or if Mike sent me a black by mistake. I won't be able to afford another 165 quid on getting the right colour/size if it turns out that I've gotten the wrong colour when I turn up to practice and I don't want to pester Mike any more if I can help it...
Marcus
Marcus

Back to top Go down

A Quick Request Empty Re: A Quick Request

Post  Steve OTT #40 Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:04 am

I have a DNA navy and it is dark but then navy is. It will be ok did you get a white facemask with it. Any update on your move yet ABU What a Face
Steve OTT #40
Steve OTT #40

Back to top Go down

Post  Marcus Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:44 am

Thanks Steve - just didn't want to look a prat with a black helmet when everyone else had blue...

Yep, I got an RJOP-UP-DW facemask in white - not sure if it's an XL or not, the helmet seems a little tight to get on and off since putting it on, but it's a snug fit when it's on, so that's ok. Spent most of an hour fiddling with the strap to get it snug and feeling right and then putting the cage on (yes, including removing one of the front T-nuts before realising that it was identical to the one I got in the strap kit, so I then spend another 5 minutes putting it back again...).

Waiting on my (5XL) pants (by the time they arrive, I'll hopefully be down to 4XL, so I'll be ordering them as soon as possible) and a 3XL jersey - Mike's going to try to get me a 4XL made up.

Move? Still no bloody idea - I'd hoped to be moved over a month ago but the sellers changed their minds twice which delayed things - and then our buyer claimed that we'd not told him that the sale was back on (and I'm pretty sure we did) and now it's a matter of finding a suitable moving day...

Provisionally, I'd say 2 weeks tomorrow (ie the 7th), but we're not fixed yet. I'll not be able to make practice for at least the first week (I know my luck - my kit will be buried under everything else - or at least some important part will be) while we find out where things are and get things built and the animals settled.

Besides the fact I won't have a phone, mum won't want to be bothered with driving up to practice after the long drive up and probably won't want to leave the dogs on their own in a strange house - one's ex-RSPCA and she gets a little nervous anyhow and with the move, we're expecting them to be a little stressed in any case.
Marcus
Marcus

Back to top Go down

Post  Nellie Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:11 am

Marcus,
I found that when I got my hair cut my helmet was a little loose, but is still snug. Very Happy
Nellie
Nellie

Back to top Go down

Post  jaap Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:31 pm

[quote="Nellie"
I found that when I got my hair cut my helmet was a little loose, but is still snug. Very Happy[/quote]

That's why I shaved my head to get the helmet to fit!!
jaap
jaap

Back to top Go down

Post  Marcus Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:07 pm

I'm sending it back to Mike - I spoke to him and apparently it's supposed to be the same blue as my Yankees baseball cap and it wasn't, so I think it's black and any blue mum saw was a reflection.

If not, I've just wasted 16 quid in postage both ways...

BTW regarding jerseys... which is better for practice: Navy with other colours as inserts or Royal with white inserts? I'm leaning towards Navy with scarlet inserts myself, but Royal/White, although light, would be more in keeping with our colours. Typically, there's no Navy/White in a large enough size that I've found so far... Sad
Marcus
Marcus

Back to top Go down

Post  Paddy Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:04 am

Just go Plain Navy.

You can get a plain navy shirt from Barnett for about £15
Paddy
Paddy
Admin

http://www.cumbriamariners.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Marcus Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:27 am

Unfortunately, no I can't, Paddy...

Their 4XL is around 50" chest according to the measurements I was given... I need 56" to 60".

I'm currently getting a friend in the US to source some for me - currently the bill is around 100 dollars (50 quid) without postage for one pair of white pants, 2 pairs of Reebok girdles and 2 jerseys in 4XL (56" to 58" chest - 1 each of Navy/White and White/Navy).
Marcus
Marcus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down