Cumbria Mariners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Possibly wanting to join

+2
cumbriandave32
Speed13
6 posters

Go down

Possibly wanting to join Empty Possibly wanting to join

Post  Speed13 Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:51 pm

Hi,

My names Rob, im 18 and I recently heard about your team. Im just wondering what level you are playing at as i have no previous experience of playing american football. I have however played rugby for 8 years. I obviously wouldnt want to join if you play at a high level because im not at that level myself, but im pretty fast and find rugby too slow. Please could you let me know if you are looking for players.

Thanks,

Rob

Speed13

Back to top Go down

Possibly wanting to join Empty helo

Post  cumbriandave32 Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:29 am

the team took a break last year just not enough numbers, the team nearly got into the league but not quite
played 3 games against clyde and merseyside, the best effort since the carlisle kestrals who played years and years ago
theres a few who go to clyde and edinburgh last year and possibly tis year

i was wondering too ifthe lads involved in t old team were gonnatry again this year, or organise some midweek stuff but iv heard nothing

youl be fine at this level, just needs some one to pick up the reigns and try again, paddy or si where the main people and spike was the coach

and yes this games awesome

cumbriandave32

Back to top Go down

Possibly wanting to join Empty Re: Possibly wanting to join

Post  tommyl44 Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:19 pm

"carlisle kestrals who played years and years ago"

Thanks for making a old man feel even older, Git!!!!!!!!! Very Happy
tommyl44
tommyl44

Back to top Go down

Possibly wanting to join Empty sorry tommy

Post  cumbriandave32 Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:58 am

when was it mid 90s? you guys did well didnt you was there bowl game?

cumbriandave32

Back to top Go down

Post  iainglen Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:20 am

Off the top of my head, we went to the Bowl in 91 as the Cumbria Cougars. (3rd division??)

The Cougars were a merge of Carlisle Kestrels and Furness Phantoms. Carlisle also included several Scottish players from Dumfries/Moffat direction.

The bowl game was an absolute disgrace as we had the winning TD called back for celebration after the score.

But I guess it does show we have some footballing pedigree in the Cumbria/Borders area.
iainglen
iainglen

Back to top Go down

Post  Spike 60 Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:37 pm

It was 1990 I believe and BNGL Premier which was the 2nd Division i think, National was first, although there was that NDMAA thing going on with ex top Budweiser teams as well.
1991 we played in the National but didn't complete season.
1992 we reentered in a lower division and made play offs but couldn't be arsed to go because it was Maidstone or somewhere equally stupid.
Although i may have just dreamt all this. Think Stumpy has the details on his Facebook thing.

Spike 60

Back to top Go down

Possibly wanting to join Empty Playing

Post  sonofmatt Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:25 pm

Hi Guys
We up at the Blackhawks have a senior and will have a youth set up this year . If you are keen enough why not come along to our open day on the 3rd of October or our testing day on the 11th . If you need details email me on sonofmatt@yahoo.co.uk

sonofmatt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down