Cumbria Mariners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

am wanting to join

+3
Mick77
Andy 95
conradpratt
7 posters

Go down

am wanting to join Empty am wanting to join

Post  conradpratt Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:23 am

hi wnt to join have a m8 who is 18 he wnts to play nd i am 16 is it possible Question and am mad bout american football Very Happy
conradpratt
conradpratt

Back to top Go down

am wanting to join Empty Re: am wanting to join

Post  Andy 95 Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:34 am

Alrite mate,glad to hear you & your pal are keen to play,unfortunately you have to be 18 to play open age league football-but there's nothing stopping you from training.Think the lads are trying to organise some off season training so feel free to come down & have a crack if nothing else.Nothing ventured,nothing gained!

Andy 95

Back to top Go down

Post  Mick77 Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:35 am

Yeah i might still train but i doubt that i will be playing next season. Its too much. I payed over my fees etc then found out that it was that it was going to be an absolute ball-ache getting there (Its a fucking good job that there was decent lads like Dobby going up). I also played in a position where i felt that i couldnt give it my all, i have a very good size/speed/power ratio when im 100% fit and done a little sprint training/agility drills etc, so linebacker or full back would of suited me more than DT (i was comfortable there but i like to run as well), just needed a little look in the play book, (Which i never got) now i will not say that im better than anyone (i'll be diplomatic) but id say i was a uncut diamond lol. Oh yeah and not getting my own number fucked me right off, when others got theres, i felt that i wasnt valued enough. Another thing, any wise cracks about me playing in those positions, just remember...... that was my first season and i would of improved...............a lot
Mick77
Mick77

Back to top Go down

Post  Paddy Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:23 am

No one said you wouldn't improve, you were built for DT and would have been good at it. You just needed more experience to read the game better and quicker. Mac kept telling you that you had what it takes but you needed to get yourself down to training to pick up the basics. If you stick at it you will be fine. The reason you didn't get a squad number was because you didn't turn up very often. The numbers went to people who came every week.

As for getting up there, you need to arrange some transport. I cant take you, because my car is full, nothing personal but we set up our car school at the beginning of the season. And its unfair on Fysh to expect him to pick you up from Workington when he lives in Silloth, i'm sure he would have taken you every week if you had got to silloth.
Paddy
Paddy
Admin

http://www.cumbriamariners.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Mick77 Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:56 pm

No,no,no,no Really, i think you have misread my post, i like to run, its not about where people that have seen me just once or twice at training think i can play, its about where i am more at home, its typical that i am "type cast" just because i am a big lump of a lad, people seem to think all that i am good for is DT/ Not getting on till second half which is bull shit because i know that i'm better than that. Travelling to Hull/Inverness/Manchester etc and Not getting on till second half is certainly not worth wasting my time or my money, and anyway, when were coasting against teams like Inverness, why were players not tried out in different positions?
Mick77
Mick77

Back to top Go down

am wanting to join Empty Mick

Post  iainglen Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:09 am

I think it's a great shame that you couldn't make it more often. (I understand the reasons why) And yes, I agree that you were very much a rough diamond. I think you would have been terrifying at LB or FB, as well as being a quality DT. But if you can make training, well, you never know...

Hope to see you around anyway! Very Happy
iainglen
iainglen

Back to top Go down

Post  Mick77 Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:46 am

Thanks Iain i appreciate that! And yeah, i dont mind playing DT but i am more versatile than that, i was a utility in Rugby League and Union, playing in both the backs and forwards (played everywhere apart from scrum half) i'm not blowing my trumpet Laughing I suppose that there is plenty of time between now and next season so i will reflect and consider all the options...... Ill try and keep myself fit and strong just in case i do get back into it next year. :
Mick77
Mick77

Back to top Go down

am wanting to join Empty HI MICK

Post  sonofmatt Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:19 pm

Hi mate
Yes we first thought of you as a line backer and also as full back but the lack of apperances made it limited to where we could play you . You have loads of ability but need to get to practice every week or at least every second week . Some games when you got the chance your knee was gubbed ( especially Hull )so you would have struggled at Fb or Lb where they go for the kness .
I would love you to come back up this year and try out at differant positions . We have team testing on the 11th I think come up and show us this speed If you are as fast as you think you will get the shot
As for the jerseyPaddy was right we only had so many 33 I think but had 40 odd players that is being looked at now so sorry about that
Lets see you give it your best .
ps How is the knee
pps I personally will get you a play bookif you are back

sonofmatt

Back to top Go down

Post  Mick77 Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:39 pm

Hiya Mac, Yeah it was a bit of a nightmare getting there every week what with getting lifts reliably but Dobbie was reliable and would probably go a few mile out of his way (just as i would do) to pick up one of the lads. It'll be just a case of getting some cash together if i play next season coz its an expensive hobby! I enjoyed the games that i did play 110%, and your all mostly good lads. Like i have said in previous posts, there is a long time till next season so i will be hoping that there is a door still open for me Very Happy
Mick77
Mick77

Back to top Go down

am wanting to join Empty dont give up mick

Post  DEMON#75 Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:09 pm

i understand what you are going through m8 but if for nothing else dont give up on football for your own sake mick it would be a crying shame to see such tallent lost. i am greatfull to all the guys both at the wolves and all the other clubs i got to play against last year for the encouragement i got both from the vets and rookies. l would say that maybe if we could get some of the guys from all the teams who are playing either in scotland or england who live in cumbria to maybe train together with respective coaches permissions/ advice than maybe we can all get better at the game we all love so much.
DEMON#75
DEMON#75

http://cumbrianmariners2.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down