Cumbria Mariners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Better Training session

+8
dave72
jaap
cumbriandave32
Speedy
Paddy
Marcus
tommyl44
Steve OTT #40
12 posters

Go down

Better Training session Empty Better Training session

Post  Steve OTT #40 Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:00 am

I am Pleased to say last nights session was far better and it just shows what we can do with more numbers.

Lets keep this up and if everyone can get one extra person to come and try out we will end up with a healthy roster.

To help club funds and continuety how does everyone feel about paying subs by D/D or standing order at say £5 per week. 30 players would create £7800 pound a year and coupled with our sponsorship and fund raising we should generate over £10000 pound per year. This may sound alot but when you consider a game costs about £500 a time and there will be 5 home games per season also our training venue costs £3920 per year. It will also cost the best part of £2000 pounds to buy a team uniform ie 2 sets 1 home and 1 away.

£5 per week is not alot and the club benefits even if you cant make training its also £1 a week less for the guys that turn up and pay twice a week every week.

Lets all pull together and make this work from what i have already seen we have the makings of a very good team and I think the size of our O & D line will scare the shit out of a lot of teams. Hard work and commitment is the key and as most of us should be commited to some sort of institution we are half way there.

Training is gradually going to get tougher with more time spent on fitness and drills and less on scrummaging. We need to use the time we have to work on techneque and position and put it into practice for the last half hour not rushing through everything so we can start scrummaging.

Please post your thoughts (We could go to £7 per week) drunken
Steve OTT #40
Steve OTT #40

Back to top Go down

Better Training session Empty Re: Better Training session

Post  tommyl44 Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:33 am

Sounds ok to me big man
tommyl44
tommyl44

Back to top Go down

Post  Marcus Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:43 am

I'm not working atm, but I'll see what I can do - just to point out that I'll be paying off my kit for a long time yet though...

The worst part will be remembering that I can't spend the last tenner in my bank account each giro... Smile
Marcus
Marcus

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve OTT #40 Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:57 am

Sorry Marcus but to train everyone has to pay £3 per session twice a week so £5 is a pound cheaper.

Also if your on your diet you will probably save more than £5 per week on food What a Face
Steve OTT #40
Steve OTT #40

Back to top Go down

Post  Paddy Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:58 am

I think it is a great idea.

We need to have enough money from subs to cover all our overheads, and paying weekly/monthly is better for everyone that a lump sum.
Paddy
Paddy
Admin

http://www.cumbriamariners.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Paddy Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:01 am

Also, the uniform may cost more than that, its looking like £2000 for 30 sets of shirts and 30 sets of pants.

I think we could probably get away with 1 set of pants and 2 sets of shirts.

And for the away shirt we can just buy white flag/scrimmage jerseys. We will only need to wear away kit if the home team plays in blue.
Paddy
Paddy
Admin

http://www.cumbriamariners.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Marcus Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:21 am

Steve OTT #40 wrote:Sorry Marcus but to train everyone has to pay £3 per session twice a week so £5 is a pound cheaper.

Also if your on your diet you will probably save more than £5 per week on food What a Face

I was agreeing with ya...

At least if I'm paying per session I have the option (if I'm short) of not going for that session... I was saying that I'll do my best. I lmight pay in cash instead and per fortnight (ie each payday) would help too.

On the subject of uniforms, it'll probably cost more for mine than most due to my size - I'd be willing to chip in a little extra to help.

And no, dieting costs more unfortunately - I could eat crap pretty easily - fresh fruit and veg costs more... and they wonder why everyone's overweight...

But yeah... (to clarify for Steve) I agree that a monthly or fortnightly direct debit might be useful (perhaps 21 quid a month right after payday for some people? (The 1 is there to allow for the lunar month vs calendar month). I know I'd sooner hand over 10 quid than two lots of 5 - that way it's out of the account and I don't need to remember about it.

Of course... I could just raise 260 quid for the whole year and not have to worry about it again... Razz
Marcus
Marcus

Back to top Go down

Post  Speedy Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:32 am

I enjoyed training, well organized and that,

Providing my injuries stay away ill be down most weeks, and the football season ending in next few weeks is a plus. But I've had niggling injuries for a few year now, just try my best to run them off.

Now all i have to do is get used to all the plays and what I'm doing, rather than running around like a muppet

bounce

Speedy

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve OTT #40 Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:41 am

The whole idea of the D/D system is to help the club and not as you put it not turn up training for the sake of a few quid.

Oh the last time I looked a couple of banana's and a apple was far cheaper than a big mac meal. The whole idea of a diet is you eat less and what you do eat is more healthy not replace pizza and chips with a wheelbarrow full of fruit.

Seriously though whatever works for each individule if you are paid monthly pay one D/D of £22 and if you are paid weekly pay a standing order of £5.

At the current time if you cant pay you cant play and this way it will stop players just turning up a couple of weeks before the season starts.

We have chosen a sport wich is very expensive to play and run and this is the only way we can survive.

But it is the best sport in the world and the old saying comes into place "you only get what you pay for"

I play to win and not just to take part we have the raw talent and enthusiasm to make a competative team but only if we train hard, listen to the coaches and pay our dues.

There is a good mix of youth and experience with 3 ex GB players in the squad. I keep harping on about this but if we get the numbers down at training we will hit the ground runing and surprise a few teams. Twisted Evil
Steve OTT #40
Steve OTT #40

Back to top Go down

Post  Marcus Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:22 am

Hmm... Big Mac... can't remember the last time I ate out... let alone at somewhere like a MacDonalds or KFC...

But yeah, I'm with you all the way, but just pointing out the mentality that will happen with the "per session" scheme where yours will benefit - for one thing, people will think "well, I've already paid for it, so might as well go" rather than what I said above.

I'll find a way, whatever happens... I'm spending 20 quid a month on online games atm and if need be, they'll go to make up the shortfall, so don't worry - I'm with you guys - at least in spirit.
Marcus
Marcus

Back to top Go down

Better Training session Empty im forgetful

Post  cumbriandave32 Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:17 am

and shamefully have forgot to pay yesterday so DD would save face for me so why not as i dont really have much cash nocking aboot. Ordering my stuff today as im enjoying it.

hey steve my tackling whent to shit yesterday need some tackle work big time had a clean shot on paddy got everything wrong and i cant use dodgy hamstring as i was right in position Mad

but it could have been the large helmet on my XL bonce cutting blood to my brain, but since im scavving gear i shouldnt complain thanks si for the stuff

catch everyone monday

cumbriandave32

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve OTT #40 Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:27 am

Hi Dave

As i said in a previous post we will be doing more work on technique and fitness in the coming weeks as long as the numbers continue to rise.

This is the best game in the world where every player on the field is included in every play and its even more fun when you know what your doing and if we do that we will win games and thats the best feeling of all affraid
Steve OTT #40
Steve OTT #40

Back to top Go down

Post  jaap Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:30 am

Steve I'm with you all the way and I'm good for setting up the D/D, I'm taking it that we're still actively looking for sponsors/donations cos in my job (Trade Union Full-Time Officer) I get around a lot of companies and I'm starting to ask the question of sponsorship/donation.
jaap
jaap

Back to top Go down

Better Training session Empty d/d

Post  dave72 Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:45 pm

yeah mate that sounds good to me wot ever happens im up for it

dave72

Back to top Go down

Better Training session Empty Re:direct debit

Post  andy88 Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:48 pm

sorry steve,fuck your direct debit your getting cash!
andy88
andy88

Back to top Go down

Better Training session Empty D/D

Post  Nellie Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:50 am

I'm kinda liking the idea of a D/D. Would this cover the money we pay on the days we train? So in effect its like a quid cheaper? I'm up for that. As an aside what's happened to the forum site?!!!! This format I'm looking at is total pants!!!!!
Nellie
Nellie

Back to top Go down

Post  Nellie Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:58 am

Paddy wrote:

I was thinking that we could get our own pants? This would cut down on the cost for the club and everyone would be able to get their own size. Plus Most of use have a set of pants and yeah they train in them it would be ok to use for a real game. affraid
Nellie
Nellie

Back to top Go down

Post  Nellie Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:00 am

The fourm sight was all old school lookin and not very nice, but is now ok. Beer in the system maybe? Cool
Nellie
Nellie

Back to top Go down

Post  Marcus Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:54 am

Nellie wrote:
Paddy wrote:

I was thinking that we could get our own pants? This would cut down on the cost for the club and everyone would be able to get their own size. Plus Most of use have a set of pants and yeah they train in them it would be ok to use for a real game. affraid

The idea of buying them centrally (I think) is to help make us all look the same - different makes or even just different models of the same manufacturer will look different - in some cases, markedly so.

I would suggest that a 50 quid contribution from each of us as a one-off might be a good plan - I'd be up for that if it'll help with uniforms. Hell... given the problems I've had getting jerseys to fit, that might be a plan - that way, if all the kit is being centrally bought, we'll all look the same. Would that help?
Marcus
Marcus

Back to top Go down

Post  Nellie Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:18 pm

Yeah I see your point Marcus, I was just thinking that if we all had them already it would be easier on the pocket so to speak Very Happy
Nellie
Nellie

Back to top Go down

Post  Marcus Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:40 pm

Yeah, I know Nellie and I can appreciate that wholly... but if you look good, you feel good and it should pick up our game slightly.

Just be glad we don't have to buy a full NFL's allowance of shirts for ourselves - apparently they each get issued 1 black, 1 white, 1 team colour practice jersey and then 2 each of home and away game jerseys... I just cringe at the thought of having to buy that lot... it doesn't say how many pairs of pants they get issued.

Obviously, we can't afford that lot - we do what we can for practice and will need both uniforms, but I doubt VERY much if we'll get any spares. Mind you, those guys often get through a pair of cleats a game, which obviously we can't even dream of matching, so hey... Smile

The first place I found when I first learned of the team last year and a site people might find amusing: http://entertainment.howstuffworks.com/fb-equip.htm

In paticular, check out their locker room... and drool.
Marcus
Marcus

Back to top Go down

Post  Nellie Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:53 pm

COOL! I have a Blue jersey that I would gladly give the team to have a number (my off course) printed on it Smile
Nellie
Nellie

Back to top Go down

Better Training session Empty D/D

Post  iainglen Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:30 pm

I would prefer pay per train.

Basically, am in a tight spot recently. Shames me to admit it, but that is where I am - mortgage, CSA and crashed cars are a real bitch. I can understand the need for DD, but maybe we could have the option - it's early doors yet and we wouldn't want to scare people off (that wasn't a threat...more an observation)

As for the kit idea, I would be up for paying for my own strip either thru the team or tell me what I need to get
iainglen
iainglen

Back to top Go down

Better Training session Empty Why????

Post  Dan #11 Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:00 am

So the one week I don't turn up you have the best session yet? I'm seeing a link!
Lets keep it going into tonight, see you all there.
Dan #11
Dan #11

Back to top Go down

Post  Nellie Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:49 am

Dan I wouldn't worry I wasn't there either Very Happy
I can agree with most who might not want to pay DD. I think the option of doing so would be the best way forward.
Nellie
Nellie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down