Cumbria Mariners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gutted? not me take the positive side

+4
Paddy
andy88
iainglen
cumbriandave32
8 posters

Go down

Gutted? not me take the positive side Empty Gutted? not me take the positive side

Post  cumbriandave32 Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:49 pm

ok things didnt go our way for whatever reason, as a team we are disappointed in our performances on a whole, there is no harm in that, spend one day cast your mind back at your individual performance today, cos there is some good points carry them forward and also but yourself back in the situation where things didnt go wrong now positively say how you can put it right. pick out the things that did go well, everyone has come out stronger from this. forget the disappointment lets focus on the next game with confidence, that in similar situations WE WILL GET IT RIGHT!!!!
loosing is a easy bad habit to fall into , im not talking about scorlines neither, can you accept feeling like this now everygame NO! but winning is a difficult long tough road to attain. We cant sprint there, we wont walk but we can crawl, inch by inch, we will get there i have everyconfidence that despite whatever challenge we face we can overcome. It will take hard work, commitment pride and desire,
weve reached a goal we played in two matches well done! but is that enough?
weve trained against each other at a level and for periods we did compete and got on top of the arm wrestle
Our goal next should be to win how much are you prepared to fight, bleed and be knocked down to get it,
how much does your heart and pride want it, how much does it mean to get it, how will it feel to gettit?
lets move on, lets have quality training lets GO! Its what we put in before game day that puts us on the level we need to be come that whistle

cumbriandave32

Back to top Go down

Gutted? not me take the positive side Empty Re: Gutted? not me take the positive side

Post  iainglen Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:07 am

well said Dave.

I think another important thing is that no one quits after two bad results. If nothing else, we -as a team - have a sound basis to build and improve on. We just have to stick in and learn from the experience.
iainglen
iainglen

Back to top Go down

Gutted? not me take the positive side Empty Re: Gutted? not me take the positive side

Post  iainglen Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:09 am

I would also like to say well done to Marcus Noon and Big Smithy on making their palying debuts. Welcome to centre stage lads!
iainglen
iainglen

Back to top Go down

Gutted? not me take the positive side Empty Gutted!

Post  andy88 Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:53 am

We lost the game but we won the after game partying...Easy! you guys are fucking mental with drink in ya....What about that 10 minute drive though!!!...No not the game but Dan in the bottle bin!!!!.........if we change the ball for beer mates in our next game Dan will improve his pass percentage over 70%.
andy88
andy88

Back to top Go down

Post  Paddy Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:53 am

We all need to take training more seriously,

We cant just turn up on the session before a game and expect it to turn out ok.

Lets push on with training for the next few weeks and get another game sorted.

And can someone look at places we can train on sundays, i suggest sundays 12-4
Paddy
Paddy
Admin

http://www.cumbriamariners.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark. Young un' Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:17 am

i agree paddy!

i think we need to get some good drills goin on!

trainin on a sunday is a MUST! we will gain so much more out of it!
thats aslong as the number show.

wot else do people do on a sunday anyway?? lol
Mark. Young un'
Mark. Young un'

Back to top Go down

Post  Marcus Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:00 am

iainglen wrote:I would also like to say well done to Marcus Noon and Big Smithy on making their palying debuts. Welcome to centre stage lads!

Thanks Iain. Glad to finally make it.

As for Sunday Training, usually I sleep in and watch the F1 when it's on and we have dinner midday, but hey. Today, I'm just aching and trying to shake this damned headcold I've had since thursday.

One thing, would saturday not be better - give people a chance to recover before work on monday, or would this clash with the rugby at maryport? Either way, I'm up for it, provided lifts are available.

We ALL did well yesterday. We made some silly mistakes (Illegal Procedure a few times and line swaps not going right), some unlucky fumbles and strips and one defensive play where someone's mind was elsewhere and they got a long run. It happens. It's now history. Like the man says, put it behind us and look forwards.

One thought - can we not make up a board, similar to the down board, for pulling players off? People yelling and pointing doesn't help - you often can't hear them and you can't tell who they're pointing at - a board with "OFF:" and then 2 flip-over numbers would help get the message across much easier. "Noon" especially gets drowned out by the crowd and I could have sworn several times I heard my name being yelled from the coaching area only to find that nobody was yelling from there at all when I glanced over. Another time I thought guys were pointing at me and were asking someone else to get off. Clear numbers on a board would help a lot and eliminate doubt. Perhaps 2 sets of numbers to help speed things up if we need 2 off?

I think the one area we do need to work on is figuring out how to get points on that board - for some reason the O isn't firing on all cylinders at the moment and, quite honestly, I don't know why. The D looked pretty solid yesterday though - despite being a few guys down. I think our shorthanded D-Line training regime may be working. Either way, this is the 2nd game where we haven't scored and we just can't win without points.

Finally: Props to Flit for helping out despite going through hell lately and also to Butch for playing despite his knackered knee. A pity we didn't have Andy Glenn or Luke with us yesterday - it would have helped a few of our linemen to only have to play one side - Big Dave is one I remember having to do that - Big Smithy was another. Also props to Dan for playing CB as well as QB.

Forget this game - it's gone, let's learn our lessons and come out of it stronger, eh lads? Smile

What was that quote from Starship Troopers? "Nobody quits, everybody fights!"? Good motto IMO.

(Edit: Forgot to mention - we've got a pretty solid running game going on - great work guys)
Marcus
Marcus

Back to top Go down

Post  marco64 Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:37 am

So last night, what went down in Whitehaven town?!
marco64
marco64

Back to top Go down

Gutted? not me take the positive side Empty i think

Post  butch 69 Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:09 pm

we all get 2 pissed with each other n put down more than pick up im probz the worst but need 2 stop blaming and just huddle and in the next play put things right not look 2 blame each other and we will do better boyz
butch 69
butch 69

Back to top Go down

Post  marco64 Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:25 am

I thought Dave B showed great leadership qualities on saturday. Also i noticed The Colts play one play last night with only 10 men on Defence, it happens at top level too lads, dont beat ourselves up when it happens, it's only a penalty with more than 11.
marco64
marco64

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down