Cumbria Mariners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fund raisers

+2
Nellie
cumbriandave32
6 posters

Go down

fund raisers Empty fund raisers

Post  cumbriandave32 Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:59 pm

iv been thinking again, look im on back shift and have alot of time on my hands!!!!!!!! Crying or Very sad
and you can only watch redtube for about 5 minutes Wink

when we finish and get into the league a night do, you know raffle, donky derby, karaoke, bingo quiz night (been watching pheonix nights) bin racing (dans not allowed as hes dun it before), beer keg power cleans
for prizes get some vouchers for some new gear etc or drink wrapped up like as a surprise
buffet door tickets bring your missus's, marras, blow up dolls, blow up sheep,

maybe a % on the pints dunno about that one! it goes to the club

make it an annual thing im certainly not asking paddy/si/dan to do it but we could form a cumbria mariners entertainment commitee, I put forward Butch! entertainment and off field activity captain!!! any to second? ill help out a bit but iv never organised a full on night doo, but it should be down to us players so volunteer

seriously keep the crack going keep the momentum even if we make £100 its a set of chains, the bus etc and its fun rather than just paying straight to si and that glasses box

ok so cumbria mariners entertainment Sub comitee volunteers or CUMESUCs here pleaees

cumbriandave32

Back to top Go down

fund raisers Empty entertainment

Post  cumbriandave32 Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:01 pm

and if we make a certain amount ill dress up like my avatar and do a full on strip!!!!! as long as its not cold

cumbriandave32

Back to top Go down

fund raisers Empty Re: fund raisers

Post  Nellie Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:14 am

You have too much time on your hands!!!!!
Nellie
Nellie

Back to top Go down

fund raisers Empty ill see what i can do boyz

Post  butch 69 Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:35 pm

hows about a bbq and some entertanment
raffle
couple ov quid 2 get in
hotdogs and burgers quid a pop
CHEAP PINT
anyohers boyz i dont mind sorting it out thou lyk Very Happy wid some help dave btw u and luke could both strip coz u both lyk 2 dress up lol Twisted Evil

see what we can do dave lad
butch 69
butch 69

Back to top Go down

fund raisers Empty good ideas there butchy

Post  cumbriandave32 Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:02 am

if its crap weather, what about pie n peas? although i like the bbq, wed have to sort it out quick in the next month or so, whos gonna do the cooking? nowt stopping us grilling them
any suggestions for entertainment?
anybody got some mates in a band? or ideas

how much would a karaoke be?

while barney was on i did a quick jig of numbers
if al 25 ppl turn up well make around £15 thats including paying for a dji put £150 dunno how much one wud be)

but if we can get 100 ppl we will make £500ish thats enuff for shields and chains and ill strip for that
£5 a ticket, £1 for hotdog and £1 for buurgers

what about a free quiz O vs D winner gets a jug of ale??

cumbriandave32

Back to top Go down

fund raisers Empty fund raisers

Post  sonofmatt Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:04 am

do you have anyone that works in the bank or is a postman (or works for the gpo as they give out grants of £200 just if you work their.
A good free fun thing is a bbq with a race day only thing is the guys are the horses and you handicap them with a longer way to run if they are faster.You still bet on them like in a race night and you keep 50% of the money.
An indoor race noght that cost nothing again is your turn 8 chairs round and get 8 people to straddle them like a jockey on a horse - 8 long lungths of string with a block of wood on the end stick a photo copy of a horse on it tne string is attatched at one end to a bit of round wood the jockey holds this - it is lead under the chair stretched out as far as it will go and attatched to the horse - on the staring gun ( a kep gun ) the jockey has to roll it in by winding in the string if the horse falls you are disqualified - You can sell the horses at £5 each and the winner get half of the horse money and you keep the rest - you also sell tickets just like a race night without odds you just pay out half what you take divided by the number of tickets bet on the winner.

These are free to run keeps everyone involved and you make plenty dosh again depends how many you get there.We had a kids race - a mena race - a ladies race - and a men /ladies race whera one rolls in the string to half way then they change shirts and the other one rolls in till its under the chair.
If you need any info I will explain on the phone to you 07787785262 Colin (Mac) Macmillan

sonofmatt

Back to top Go down

Post  sonofmatt Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:13 am

[img][/img]

sonofmatt

Back to top Go down

fund raisers Empty Bebo

Post  sonofmatt Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:17 am

If you want to go into my bebo you will see photos of the race night in it its sonofmatt

sonofmatt

Back to top Go down

fund raisers Empty race night

Post  sonofmatt Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:21 am

fund raisers Race_n12

sonofmatt

Back to top Go down

fund raisers Empty that would be gd

Post  butch 69 Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:57 am

sounds lyk a right laugh we could use the cons for the bbq and everything dunno how mutch 4 but if kev sorts it out shud be ok just get our own bbq stuff sure no1 would mind cooking and stuff have a raffle a quiz say team ov 5 pound a head know what i meen even and do the racing l8 on i could get the lads who played at my 21 and a m8 ovmine dose discos and karioke if i tell him its a fundraiser dont think he would mind can anyone make some tickets and i see if we can us the cons they have all the stuff 4 a bbq and that and can sumone have some flyers knocked up ??????

btw you can buy a horse racing game dvd ill have a look and see if i can find it and we could us dat n den do lyk 3 special races in the mariners super derby know what i meen and have lyk a woman only man only then both do it kev just txt me back he says the cons will be no charge aslong as theres money garn behind the bar we need dates thou n flyers boyz ill try and knock summet up but dates is up 2 somone else coz i dunno when ppl are off or at work

http://www.racenights.co.uk/ have a look at this dave n see wt u think
butch 69
butch 69

Back to top Go down

Post  marco64 Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:25 am

I think i've found my sport Laughing lol!
marco64
marco64

Back to top Go down

fund raisers Empty butchy babes

Post  cumbriandave32 Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:45 pm

i knew you wouldnt let me down, i think youl revell in your new position!! ill frump up the cash, itll cost around £60 for all the hotdawgs and boorgers tesco savers, (marco would you have contacts cash n carry)

Mr Mac is an honorary CUMESUC!!! that sounds a laff although you lost me about 2 lines in!! im a linebacker ffs!

lets have a crack thurs, anyone else want to be a CUMESUC? join in after training! lets get something booked asap get some posters up etc

I can make and laminate tickets, make up some posters wid recruitment info non colour just photocopies
i dont gamble dont understand it but if we get some volunteers to be the bookies it should be ok

Last edited by davebailiff32 on Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : cos im a drunk thick cunt)

cumbriandave32

Back to top Go down

fund raisers Empty how can i abuse my poition davey baby

Post  butch 69 Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:46 pm

lol yeah shud be gd if you get some tickets and stuff printed up just need to give kev a date before thursday m8 thats the only thing see if big dave can get a bus and we could do a bus pull o-line vs d-line bet on them at 2 -1 who can pull it the farest and the full team have to be in fancy dress !!!!!!!!!!

thats a rule and we can give lyk 4 pints to the winner anyone else who wants 2 enter can but team is a must

get a date sorted dude and get it postred iv made a poster if you have a email i can email it to ya m8

what did you think of the horse racing dvd ??
butch 69
butch 69

Back to top Go down

fund raisers Empty find out when we can get

Post  cumbriandave32 Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:49 pm

the cons and your mate for entertinment ill get those tickets sorted ill pm you me email but i aint got a printer

the vid should be good ill crack on thurs about that

cumbriandave32

Back to top Go down

fund raisers Empty Update

Post  cumbriandave32 Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:14 pm

keep any ideas flowing boys,

so far me n butch and a few others have come up wid

everyone gets 10 tickets to sell, family doo, so kiddies too
butchs trying to organise his marras band n djs and kev is trying the cons club
well get hotdogs n burgers to be sold £1 each.
raffles, so if anyone has unwanted items to give in great.
butch wants fancy dress, entries in a comp, for kids prizes and adults prizes, big dave sez oxfam chariy shop
quick quiz im thinking guess the sportsman

then Mr Macs horse race kids, guys thn the women and place your bets £1 entry

I need some guys volunteers to help out on the night, cooking, doing raffles collecting tickets etc butch n meself could do with a hand. As i say this is for our benefit, hopefully get some training equipment like tackle shields, 2 would do!

In my mind i reckon as players its a way of saying thank you to our organisers on sorting games, and it should be our duty to not only reward the hard efforts in organising the game so its our duty to get involved to make this a success its in your interest!!!!!!!

cumbriandave32

Back to top Go down

Post  iainglen Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:46 am

I will happily volunteer to help out on the night, as for my CV - I have flipped more than one burger on a BBQ. But come the night I will step in and do what you need me to do.

Looking forward to it , old chap! Wink
iainglen
iainglen

Back to top Go down

Post  marco64 Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:36 am

When is this happening?
marco64
marco64

Back to top Go down

fund raisers Empty dunno yet marco

Post  cumbriandave32 Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:44 am