Cumbria Mariners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

training yesterday

+5
DEMON#75
Marcus
manf7
dave72
murphy
9 posters

Go down

training yesterday Empty training yesterday

Post  murphy Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:51 am

suppose what i said didnt work, dont no if i scared you off or just touched a few nerves and people had a sulk! well done to the people who did turn up they trained well and got through the run section of the playbook. to those of you that didnt where were you? before i left for trainin there was 21 people read my message and 10 or 11 turned up for training. the game is in 2 weeks then that could be it for a year!
DO YOU WANT TO PLAY NEXT SEASON OR NOT ITS UP TO YOU!!

murphy

Back to top Go down

training yesterday Empty Re: training yesterday

Post  dave72 Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:50 pm

YES I FUCKIN DO

so much so im looking for other teams to play for next year just incase(although i kinda knw i prob wouldmt make the cut for most teams)

dave72

Back to top Go down

Post  murphy Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:30 pm

at least 1 o you does

murphy

Back to top Go down

Post  manf7 Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:30 pm

We all need this boys if we dont get into the leauge al be gutted lyk we need to step up
and the mariners will continue if we dont no more marriners football every one needs to come down
training boys and learn plays and positional responsabilitys we need to pull together as from now lads.
manf7
manf7

Back to top Go down

Post  Marcus Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:14 pm

I've been saying the same thing for a while, so why would I not agree?

I'm just having real problems getting up to training on wednesdays and had some bad luck on thursdays regarding travel.

One thing though... should be the worst happen and we not make it into the league, I'm not abandoning the Mariners - even though I've probably only got a year or two at best, I'm prepared to try a second year to get this right. I'm also trying to recruit, but not found anyone interested enough yet.

Every time I don't get to training due to transport, I'm training on my own though... not as good, but the sofa doesn't enter into the equation (although I'll admit, one time I was lying under the desk working on the computer in-situ, so technically I did miss training 1 time due to lying down... Embarassed
Marcus
Marcus

Back to top Go down

Post  murphy Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:22 am

can you not make sundays either

murphy

Back to top Go down

Post  Marcus Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:26 am

Sundays only if there's a lift offered. Bus is a no-go.

Thursdays (usually) are ok, unless something important comes up, provided I have enough warning... since the bus takes 90 mins+ to get to Maryport.

I was there thursday before last and was there to help/watch the week before, but this week money just wasn't there and no time to ask around for a lift (usually a waste of time asking anyhow - only Dan, Dave B and (of course) Hoggy have offered me a lift since I started and I know that Dan and Dave aren't able to offer me a lift now).
Marcus
Marcus

Back to top Go down

training yesterday Empty well done

Post  DEMON#75 Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:09 am

well done to those that turned up, and sorry to be blunt but what the fuck happend to those that didnt turn up, if a fat twat like me can make the effort to come all the way up here from bala in mid wales, to the odd session i would have thought that all those that were so enthuisastic MARINERS would have been there too, i know that there are a few that had valid reasons not to be there but come on guys is all the work put in by the likes of Paddy,Dan the man ,si, nelly and spike and all the others that keep this club going gonna be all in vain, i wish i could play and help in that way but i am just not physically able to, ok if like me your unable to play how about training to be a referee like i am doing, in this way you will be able to help in that given time to be trained you will be able to help making shure that there are refs for some of the mariners home games and even away games, so come on get your asses up and out onto the field on thursday and prove me wrong
DEMON#75
DEMON#75

http://cumbrianmariners2.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan #11 Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:37 am

7 people training and 2 coaches this sunday.
What happened to:

Butch
Luke
Marco
Hoggy
Tim
Kev
Martin
Chris
Toby
Smithy
Reece
Flit
Bailif
Paddy
Simon
Roger
Dave
Iain g
Andy g
Marcus

I apologise if you have valid excuses like dave, dave and smithy. But thats about 20 people who didn't come to training when we have our final game any time now. If its not this week it will be in 3 weeks,after 4 weeks thats it, game over. One last push to get into the league and your giving up. The general mindset seems to be that you'll all let everyone else do the work and you'll reap the benefits later. Unfortunately, that won't work. When there are 7 people at training no one wins.
Be there on thursday
Excuses that don't count include; i'm working on my car and, i'm injured.

See you thursday

Dan
Dan #11
Dan #11

Back to top Go down

training yesterday Empty well said dan and demon

Post  murphy Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:00 am

well done demon and dan this is what you need more players getting on peoples backs getting them to training how can a guy find time to travel from wales and people cant even be arsed to travel from inside cumbria? there is plenty of teams in wales he could choose but no he choose you guys dont waste his time.

murphy

Back to top Go down

training yesterday Empty Understood!!

Post  rico Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:54 am

sorry not been at training guys but the head chefs dad died on sunday so im working pretty much 13 days ina row so not able to do anything let alone train! with any luck ill be there next thursday! just to let you know i aint missing training cos i want to it because i have to i love training and really want us all to succeed as this will be a first for cumbria if we get in league! im not contradicting anybody as im not at training at mo albeit a valid reason!
but people please get off your asses and get moving wot happened to all the players that went to clyde and wheres the team-spirit gone we had!
sorry for banging on but it winding me up people winging about shit then not doing owt about it!
peace out!
rico
rico

Back to top Go down

Post  iainglen Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:52 pm

I did post that I wouldnt make last sunday as I had my children visiting me - here comes the sob story - they live in Kendal and I generally only get to see them once a month. Also have mentioned am struggling to get to training on thursdays...1800 start conflicts with finishing work at 1900 Sad

Will be there this sunday and possibly thursday 9th as i want to get training in before 19th.

For those that are going, keep up the good work lads.

The rest of us (myself included) - stick in with the program guys.

Cheers all, see you soon.
iainglen
iainglen

Back to top Go down

training yesterday Empty I CARNT MAKE ANY THURSDAY SUNDAY

Post  butch 69 Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:06 pm

unless training is moved closer to home or is diffrent days sorry boys will try n get to as many as i can but carnt promise anything will play and hopefully we will get in the league carnt make this thursday got a gig in shakers gotta be down for a sound check at 8 if anyone wants to come support me it would be appreciated coz i feel lyk iv lost touch with the boys be nice to see you all backing me its at shakers ill be on round about 9-9.30 hope a couple of lads can get down if training was closer i could do both but getting bk from training bath gear sorted n taxi is a hour lost but will do my best to make training boyz i aint gave up on yaz all anyway iv rambled on enought boyz catch ya all asap Very Happy
butch 69
butch 69

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down