Cumbria Mariners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Buying Equipment

3 posters

Go down

Buying Equipment Empty Buying Equipment

Post  warwick Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:05 am

Hi guys, just been on that americansports.co.uk website, and am about to get meself some stuff, probably the reciever pack (it would make sense, me wanting to be a wide receiver an all). However, and this may sound like a daft question, but what colour should I order the helmet and leg protectors? I'm assuming that we use the stuff we buy in games (that is if i ever play any) ?? The helmets are blue, obviously, but do I have to be more specific than that, i.e. royal blue, navy blue etc.

Cheers

(also, and I know this is highly illegal, but I won't be able to attend the next 2 training sessions as I'm working up in scotland. damn it!!)

warwick

Back to top Go down

Buying Equipment Empty Re: Buying Equipment

Post  Marcus Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:23 am

I think we should make a sticky thread about uniform, to be honest, to help people when they join, since everyone asks the same question (and rightly so).

The full answer:
As it stands at the moment, Navy blue helmet, navy socks (I think everyone else had theirs from the team for game day, so wear what's comfortable for practice, although navy Nike Park socks are the team standard), white pants and a navy blue shirt. When I joined we were told to get both navy and white jerseys, but I think people have abandoned that idea now and we use the bibs instead to differentiate between O and D. Girdle is optional - I prefer them so I can tuck the shirt in usually, but it's personal preference. You will need knee, thigh, hip and cocyx pads to go in the pants and girdle (if worn) as well as a belt. If you're not wearing a girdle, you'll want a slotted waistband on the pants so you can thread the belt through the hip and cocyx pads.

Don't forget the gumshield... they're hot on those in the games.

All in all, see you in 2 weeks. Smile
Marcus
Marcus

Back to top Go down

Buying Equipment Empty Kit

Post  andy88 Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:06 am

I have spare helmet/pads/ pants Warwick so look at them before you buy if you want to.let me know when your coming to training if you want me to bring them.
andy88
andy88

Back to top Go down

Buying Equipment Empty Re: Buying Equipment

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down