Cumbria Mariners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE REAL THING

+8
Dan #11
Flitdog
marco64
Marcus
Paddy
Nellie
cumbriandave32
andy88
12 posters

Go down

THE REAL THING Empty THE REAL THING

Post  andy88 Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:30 am

Boys do you think its time we tried to simulate a game?Turn up at training,do our stretches and kick off with O against D,one team in same coloured tops,4@15min quarters whistled and timed by refs(whoever is on sideline or i will do it) because i believe if we dont experience real game time we will look twats walking in to Clyde.We are a couple of week away and im sure some of you wont mind me saying that you do not know your position fully with all the routes/blocking/coverage/runs etc etc that is expected of you.Nellie youre the coach what do you think?do we ALL turn up (work permitting)on Thursday to what will be some guys there first ever Americam football game or is there other things we need to be doing.This is only my suggestion guys please let us know what you think Captains, Paddy?Dan?Si? Flit i know your special teams would be difficult to simulate as it involves D and O members but im sure you could sort return and kicking teams from what we have on the field at the time.
andy88
andy88

Back to top Go down

THE REAL THING Empty yes i agree

Post  cumbriandave32 Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:32 am

it gives each team the chance to gel and get used to where we are likely to be, before the game .
each game we play is a step closer to our main goal
cant wait i hope the boys agree and we get all the starters turning up,

the wolves did well vs the titans, thats gonna be a good tough league for us next year, id love to pop up and watch a game to see the quality, for guys like me whos not played any sort of gridiron

cracking idea

is nellie planning on using the week before the game to go through all the plays and keep us nimble for the big game?

cumbriandave32

Back to top Go down

THE REAL THING Empty Re: THE REAL THING

Post  Nellie Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:43 am

If we do this it will have to be this Thursday coming as the next week it'll be light work/ refine technique. J and I will discuss and post later
Nellie
Nellie

Back to top Go down

Post  Paddy Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:13 am

I think its a good idea,

then next week in the run up to the game i think we have 2 boring sessions of walkthroughs etc.

Just have O Vs D.

Start the O on the 10 and keep driving up the field, and keep going and going. Then start again at the 10.

Good game simulation, and an opportunity to swap players around in/out of O and D.
Paddy
Paddy
Admin

http://www.cumbriamariners.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Marcus Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:51 am

Good idea - just one thing to point out, could we have both sets of playbooks readily available ASAP? I've only got the offensive playbook and I know a couple of others who are missing at least one.

Will try to learn as best I can so I can step in for any absentees or injured team members to bring up numbers. That is unless Nellie wants me doing anything else of course - hopefully we'll have the starters all there and the work schedules won't interfere in which case I'll be more useless than usual. Wink
Marcus
Marcus

Back to top Go down

Post  marco64 Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:21 am

Good idea Andy.
marco64
marco64

Back to top Go down

Post  andy88 Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:25 am

Looks like weve got a game this Thursday,Ian can you referee the game and get hold of a stopwatch and whistle and blow it for any infractions whatsoever so we can learn the game and what is expected from us,getting the plays off on time and everyone knowing where and what they should be doing under preesure can only be advantagous to us all coming up to the Clyde game.........Read and learn your play books now.
andy88
andy88

Back to top Go down

Post  Flitdog Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:10 am

Very much in agreement Andy with the idea. Shame i'm not there on Thursday as I'm away for the weekend.

So who ever wants to have a go at punting, kick offs and field goals please do.

Flitdog

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan #11 Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:31 am

I also probably will not be there this week due to graduation. Thats 2 out of 3 captains not there but i think would be helpfull. I think this needed to be organised a little earlier as most people will not hear about until they get there. my suggestion would be to do in the extra session nellie is organising for the next week. I dont know if some people think that that is too close to the game. I'm not against it, it would definately help people who have never played see what to expect but only if there were 22 people min it would. We havent even walked through the running plays with tim and I havent done with a stable O line. I think that needs to come first
Dan #11
Dan #11

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan #11 Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:33 am

But if we were organised all that would have already been done before 2 weeks before the game
Dan #11
Dan #11

Back to top Go down

Post  artfuldodger73 Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:00 pm

nice comment andy. i think its a great idea and even tho its just against ourselves it would be beneficial tactically for all as well as a good workout. also it gives ideas as to how fast each play will be and the physical attributes we need to continue though the phases of a game. plus as previously mentioned drums into eachothers heads the actual play book needed for the game! c u all there raring to go!!! Twisted Evil
artfuldodger73
artfuldodger73

Back to top Go down

THE REAL THING Empty has anyone got hold of kev or phil for thurs or

Post  cumbriandave32 Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:31 pm

any yan lse oo dont use the forum

does the captains have all contact numbers for all the team?

cumbriandave32

Back to top Go down

THE REAL THING Empty RE:Mock game

Post  rico Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:46 pm

Howdoo! yeh i think that would be a great idea to have a mock game unfortunately for me on thusday i wont be participating in training but i will be there to pick up as many pointers as i can. Cant train cos my foot got fucked last week at the end of the session and i've not been walking properly since and it's very painful. i wouldnt want to injure it any more as i wouldnt wanna miss the big game as i'm quite looking forward to it. i think habing the extra session next week and having a mock game then would be good but dont think we should go all out as if anyone gets injured then theres not much time to heal. I may just be being a pussy but wouldnt want anyone to miss the game by injury think it would be more spectacular if we were to get injured on game day. prefer to injure opposing team tho.
cool
rico
rico

Back to top Go down

THE REAL THING Empty The Real Thing

Post  Andy 95 Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:37 am

I think this is a good idea,but now we should let people concentrate on their 'own' position rather than talking about rotating people between the O and D.It can be hard enough trying to play one position when the pressure is on,never mind worrying about a second one.

Think the week before the game should be light sessions for fine tuning,as it would be a shame for anyone to have to miss out that close to the first game

Andy 95

Back to top Go down

Post  andy88 Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:06 pm

well in that case we better sort out where and who are playing where.11 starting defensive players named and 11 starting offensive players named BEFORE we go to clyde so who ever aint starting first choice wont be pissed off,WEVE ONLY GOT ONE MORE WEEK!!!!
andy88
andy88

Back to top Go down

Post  andy88 Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:12 pm

Flitdog wrote:Very much in agreement Andy with the idea. Shame i'm not there on Thursday as I'm away for the weekend.

So who ever wants to have a go at punting, kick offs and field goals please do.

Jaap,any chance of kicking on Thursday if you can make training
andy88
andy88

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan #11 Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:04 pm

I think you should get roger or stu to give it a go
Dan #11
Dan #11

Back to top Go down

Post  jaap Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:12 pm

andy88 wrote:Jaap,any chance of kicking on Thursday if you can make training

I won't be there Andy mate and obviously Dan's pissed off with me cos I swore at him Very Happy
jaap
jaap

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down