Cumbria Mariners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

dropping like flies

+2
Spike 60
dave72
6 posters

Go down

dropping like flies Empty dropping like flies

Post  dave72 Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:08 am

well how many more are gonna give it up? are the nhs running some sort of football quitline?

i must come clean i was gonna go aswell, i even priced postage for my gear for ebay sale, BUT something inside stopped me when it came down to it i couldnt do it. im not finished we havent won, we havent even scored cant leave it like that

i might not set the league on fire with skill, but fuk me im gonna hit hard and give it a go wot else is there xbox? i dont think so

this isnt a dig at anyone who has/wants to give in

with butch+marcus going can i move to Dline

soooooooooooooo looking forward to the 3rd jan the guinea pigs beta be nervous

dave72

Back to top Go down

dropping like flies Empty Re: dropping like flies

Post  Spike 60 Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:54 am

dave72 wrote:

NO, you are in fact too good an O-Lineman to be cast down amongst the heathen.
However, i'm sure we can let you go both ways

Spike 60

Back to top Go down

Post  dave72 Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:59 am

Spike 60 wrote:
dave72 wrote:

NO, you are in fact too good an O-Lineman to be cast down amongst the heathen.
However, i'm sure we can let you go both ways

with sweet talk like that id love to go both ways

dave72

Back to top Go down

Post  Marcus Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:17 pm

Good luck Dave - you'll be a good DT I think - you're faster than I am, that's for sure.

I couldn't totally quit either - that's why my pads or uniform isn't up for sale. I want to be ready in case I'm needed.

I knew from our discussions a while back that you were going through the same thing as I was, except I was having to deal with the jobcentre too - I guess that was the final straw for me. Sad

Hope you're able to enjoy many more seasons of playing - I'll be on the field with you guys, if only in spirit.
Marcus
Marcus

Back to top Go down

dropping like flies Empty fuck yeah

Post  cumbriandave32 Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:41 pm

dave72 wrote: BUT something inside stopped me when it came down to it i couldnt do it. im not finished we havent won, we havent even scored cant leave it like that

we aint even tapped the potential of this team we are the only one for 100miles there is another 25 lads out there they just dont know it yet

cumbriandave32

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoggy Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:02 pm

You can't quit, i wont let you! i'm not quitting i've just bought a shit load of stuff from america. come on guys weve worked damned hard for this. any crack whilst i've been away?
Hoggy
Hoggy

Back to top Go down

Post  iainglen Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:19 am

I think the recent talk about quitting is because we are not training at the moment. I have had my doubts about my playing future over the last month - the league decision was a big influence on that. W*nkers. But i will be there when I can, work and family permitting.

Catch up with you soon guys.
iainglen
iainglen

Back to top Go down

Post  Marcus Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:38 pm

I'm only quitting playing because of the jobcentre - if I could get a job doing what I am now at the work placement, I would be just about able to do so in a wheelchair... Very Happy

Besides, you glory boys are going to like what I'll be able to do with this camera once I get a decent lens (just wish I could afford an f/2.8 lens, but I don't have a couple of grand available, unfortunately, so the results will be slightly less than pro, but should be good enough still at f/4. Smile

You'll just have to put up with a little blurring, I'm afraid.

If all is fine, I should manage 3 frames per second for as long per play as needed... I just need to buy a load of battery packs and some decent SD cards.

I want to try it out in the first training session - any chance we can arrange a nice hard sack on Dan in the first session? They always look good on film. Might need a few takes just to get a good shot though... I am still learning having not done any sports photography before... Twisted Evil

Managed to get the camera for 100 quid cheaper than I expected to though... cheers
Marcus
Marcus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum