Cumbria Mariners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kit for sale

+2
dave72
Marcus
6 posters

Go down

Kit for sale Empty Kit for sale

Post  Marcus Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:29 am

Time to clear out the surplus I think.

Cowboy Collar: never worn except trying it on initially, due to not being able to move it back far enough to avoid fouling my helmet. Asking 50 quid (a little less than what I paid for it).

Converse white leather cleats ((UK) Size 12 I think). Navy inserts. Never worn. £30 (good for someone starting out, but will need care, being leather).

I also have 2 girdles and 2 pairs of white pants in "super-sizes" (they were too big for me I found out after getting them sent from the UK).

For those who don't know, I've taken the decision to step down from the team, after nearly losing my dole money after the last game (apparently a sprained thumb and back is enough for them to invoke the "fit for work" clause). Injuries are taking longer to heal than they used to - I guess I'm getting old. Dave and Hoggy might understand what I mean. Sad

Instead I will be sidelined and taking photos for our coaching staff and also for promotional purposes. I'm hoping that the above items will generate enough cash to pay for half my subs for the year and I'll be taking the decision in April whether or not to sign on as a player to help boost numbers or to help out on the sidelines.

Don't worry guys - I'm still fighting alongside you, but just not on the field so much.

Oh and lastly: Luke m8... if you're still playing, keep my Reebok gloves (or I'll let you have them back) - you've done them proud and I feel bad for not being able to pull my own (considerable) weight last game... you also need them more than I, since I got the newer ones.
Marcus
Marcus

Back to top Go down

Kit for sale Empty Re: Kit for sale

Post  dave72 Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:14 am

[quote="Marcus Noon - I guess I'm getting old. Dave and Hoggy might understand what I mean. Sad
[/quote]

NO I DONT im still a young man with many many many years of football left

no more speedhump

bye bye speedhump

dave72

Back to top Go down

Post  Marcus Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:12 pm

Thanks Dave - I did say "might"... Wink

If it wasn't for the social, I'd have stuck with it and might yet be back (I'm still finding it weird not training once a week even now).

Trouble is, when you're out of work, they pretty much look for reasons to cut your money. I just can't afford to risk handing them one.
Marcus
Marcus

Back to top Go down

Kit for sale Empty hey marcus

Post  DEMON#75 Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:31 am

what a effing shame marcus. you'll be missed as a player, but i can undestand your main nreason for stepping down, them sneak twats will try to get you . please please continue to be involved with the team as much as you can m8 any help is better than none at all, im shure the rest of the guys ang galls understand your prediciment, on another note let me know how much you want for your fat assed pants m8 i could do with a pair for game days to plod around in
DEMON#75
DEMON#75

http://cumbrianmariners2.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Paddy Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:28 am

You should register as a team judge

Also If you then go on to qualify as a full ref you can get paid to do it
Paddy
Paddy
Admin

http://www.cumbriamariners.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  marco64 Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:52 am

I hope you get to ref Mariners games in the future Jim, we will be expecting some home decisions Twisted Evil
marco64
marco64

Back to top Go down

Kit for sale Empty reffing

Post  DEMON#75 Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:52 am

sorry m8 but ill be fair if not harsher on you m8
DEMON#75
DEMON#75

Back to top Go down

Post  marco64 Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:18 am

Booooooooooooo! Sad
marco64
marco64

Back to top Go down

Kit for sale Empty reffing

Post  DEMON#75 Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:10 am

to be honest m8 i dont see it happening for me as a ref as ive given them times and dates that id be available for matches and oh suprise suprise there has been nothing as yet
DEMON#75
DEMON#75

Back to top Go down

Post  Marcus Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:29 pm

As you probably already know - I had already intended to go into reffing when I stopped (I started?) playing, but comments from my discussions with the game refs has pointed out that my lack of transport is going to be a problem... as a game linejudge, I'd have to travel to other games would I not?
Marcus
Marcus

Back to top Go down

Post  marco64 Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:59 pm

DEMON#75 wrote:to be honest m8 i dont see it happening for me as a ref as ive given them times and dates that id be available for matches and oh suprise suprise there has been nothing as yet

Have you tried ringing them? No number on their website, how helpful.
marco64
marco64

Back to top Go down

Kit for sale Empty team judges

Post  cumbriandave32 Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:14 pm

Marcus Noon (#40, DL) wrote:as a game linejudge, I'd have to travel to other games would I not?

youd only be for mariners games only unless you volunteered,

cumbriandave32

Back to top Go down

Post  Paddy Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:47 pm

we have to provide our own touchline judges for our games.

So you would be registered to our team and would only do our games. I think it only applies to home games too

if you were a fully qualified ref, that'd be different.
Paddy
Paddy
Admin

http://www.cumbriamariners.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down