Cumbria Mariners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good luck sunday

3 posters

Go down

Good luck sunday Empty Good luck sunday

Post  murphy Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:25 am

hey guys just wanted to say good luck for sunday. you shouldnt really need anymore motivation than succeed you play in the league next year. but look at it this way what would you rather do on sunday night:-celebrate getting in to the league or drowning your sorrows because you didnt? only you guys can make tht decision. just remember to keep concentrating for the full game and if you do go a score down dont drop your heads just pick them up and say to yourselves "no worries we'll get that back in a minute". remember no one is expecting you guys to rock up and be the next new england patriots so enjoy it it may be your last game!!!! any way all the best and see you on sunday

murphy

Back to top Go down

Good luck sunday Empty Re: Good luck sunday

Post  Marcus Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:50 am

Thanks Murph...

Speaking personally: this game, I really don't care about score (well... I do, but not overmuch), my main aim is to do everything right and not make any mistakes so we get into the league. Score will be a nice bonus if we keep the score close or actually win, but this game is about survival more than winning to me.

Of course, on D, I'm more concerned about avoiding being the one that screws up and lets them score. I'll let Dan and his crew worry about the scoring, unless we get really lucky and get a fumble or a strip (not impossible, given the weather forecast - that ball may be slippery) in their red zone and can run it back. Personally, if I get a fumble recovery, I'm going to worry more about keeping possession than about trying to run it back - I know I'm slow and don't want to risk fumbling it myself.

And yeah... the nerves are just starting to hit now...
Marcus
Marcus

Back to top Go down

Good luck sunday Empty this goes to all

Post  cumbriandave32 Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:53 pm

not just noony,

dont worry about the big stuff consentrate on the small things, do the small little things that you know you can do, do them as best you can, let the rest follow we are all rookies, here tomorrow, we will make mistakes all day, its how we recover and keep our focus and pride that we get judged on,
remember small things, stay onside, beat your man thats all we need

cumbriandave32

Back to top Go down

Good luck sunday Empty Re: Good luck sunday

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down