Cumbria Mariners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saturdays

+3
marco64
andy88
Spike 60
7 posters

Go down

Saturdays Empty Saturdays

Post  Spike 60 Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:11 am

A new thread to see if Saturday is more of a possibility for practice.
Please post yay or nay, also if everyone can put what day suits them best maybe we can get a consensus of opinion on what's best.
In other words , post here with your ideal practice day/time.

Spike 60

Back to top Go down

Saturdays Empty Best day for training

Post  andy88 Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:14 am

1st chioce Sundays
2nd choice Thursdays
andy88
andy88

Back to top Go down

Saturdays Empty Re: Saturdays

Post  marco64 Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:51 am

In a perfect world, sunday or tuesday, as there are days off for me and i cant guarantee i can make any other day.
marco64
marco64

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark. Young un' Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:23 am

Sunday and thursday for me!
Mark. Young un'
Mark. Young un'

Back to top Go down

Post  dave72 Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:23 pm

1st choice sundays
2nd thursdays
unable to do sat at all

dave72

Back to top Go down

Saturdays Empty Any day

Post  cumbriandave32 Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:50 am

with my shift pattern as long as the time was finished by 12 or start at 3pm ill only miss 1 out of 3
im completely flexible with whatever days

sundays is my first choice just with babysitting but its not been a problem until now

we still got a few weeks left on thursday nights, but whatabout floodlight areas, heavy horse was great as it was away from the elements although the sand was shit, but its either sand or mud and rain

I suggest a team meeting following training when its getting dark
i can also suggest since were running out of time, to get down and get changed ready togo at 7
any ways we need for everyone to attend as best they can this thursday as afterwards we can discuss as a team the best way forward for all concerned. Training days, game substitutions, and numbers on the pitch
We got till end of october to put things right thats only 11 sessions guys

cumbriandave32

Back to top Go down

Post  Si Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:49 am

Pretty much any day other than Monday is good for me.

Though I reckon having a longer session on either Saturday or Sunday would be the best for us. We need to be getting 20+ folk training regularly if we're giong to improve. We're going to be having another game soon too so would be great to see a more disciplined and drilled Mariners side running out at Copeland, but we're only gonna be able to do that with regular high turnout at training.

It seems that some can only do Saturdays and some can only do Sundays. Maybe alternating days each weekend could be an option, that way we can get a core of folk always coming along and everyones going training at least once a fortnight?
Si
Si
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dave72 Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:44 pm

Si wrote:. Maybe alternating days each weekend could be an option, that way we can get a core of folk always coming along and everyones going training at least once a fortnight?
that might be a good idea i cud prob swing a few sats that way aswell as sundays

this might not be my place to say but......

when you come to training put some effort in, no messin about if you`re injured at least show intrest in whats going on, you wont learn anything sittin on your arse taking the piss, try to take part (im ashamed to say i was lazy on thurs it was a case of 70% lazy 30%sore)
for my part that wont happen again. i want to make the league and play as i suspect you all do unless you just like saying i play american football. weve come a long way in almost 12months but not far enough so we need to put the work in

time to get serious lads

FOR THE LOVE OF THE GAME

dave72

Back to top Go down

Saturdays Empty saturdays

Post  cumbriandave32 Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:00 pm

bang at the start of rugby season now so matches are a 2 or 3 kickoff so we'd be training after 5pm,
now id say try the rugby union ground at netherhall they have 3 pitches, wed have to pay a small amount id say, but i reckon if we got a perrmanant agreement wid them we could use their changerooms, and tacklebags shileds, iv contacted the rugby league coaches and secretary for mill tofts and got a verbal agreement wid them, however the rugby union do it officially it will take si,/paddy or dan to go meet the netherhall commitee with an official request,

cumbriandave32

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum