Cumbria Mariners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

lifts to training/gay rugby

4 posters

Go down

lifts to training/gay rugby Empty lifts to training/gay rugby

Post  dave72 Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:33 pm

Im available to anyone who needs any lifts to and from training
workington area
as for new players ive tried to recruit new players from work as they all said it was Gay rugby when i started to come and train but guess wot
they're all too scared.
a few friends of friends have said they are interested but unsure so ive told them to come down and watch and have a crac
dont knw if they will get off the playstations or not we,ll see eh

dave72

Back to top Go down

lifts to training/gay rugby Empty Re: lifts to training/gay rugby

Post  Marcus Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:40 pm

Gay rugby?
From the number of times that the guys behind me used to grab my bollocks in the scrum, that's a pretty weird thing to call it.. Smile

If anything, I'd say that they're the gay ones and you guys are the ones that are doing the sensible thing and wearing padding to prevent some maniac linebacker/lineman from killing you...

Only reason they don't is because they like the rubbing of ointments after they get hurt... and they're not allowed to be hit except when they get the ball, so always throw it away... Very Happy
Marcus
Marcus

Back to top Go down

Post  Paddy Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:56 pm

Marcus,

I can assure you the pads do not stop you getting hurt.

I have played rugby union for the county, my school first team and my college, I have also played American football at uni. I've been hurt much more playing american football, and have seen much worse injuries in american football.

In my opinion it is a much faster paced game, much more physical and much more enjoyable to play.

But Rugby League players seem to adapt to American Football well, which is good for us, as Rugby League is big in this part of the world.
Paddy
Paddy
Admin

http://www.cumbriamariners.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Marcus Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:02 pm

It's ok Paddy, I meant it tongue-in-cheek... and I did say to stop them killing, not hurting.

I went to Launceston College down here as well as Budehaven (same as Phil Vickery), so I had a good upbringing with rugby - only thing I hated was that, each time the ball went dead, it was another scrum - and I was one of the tallest in my year and broad with it, so I was in the front line against kids half my size... If they'd let us use the ruck and maul, I might have enjoyed it more.

If you read it, I'm poking fun at the rugby players and not at all against the AmFoot players.

Maybe I should just shut up - I keep putting my foot in it lately.
Marcus
Marcus

Back to top Go down

Post  Nellie Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:17 am

Don't stop talkin Marucs I put my foot in it all the time (my mouth that is Very Happy ). Anyway Gay rugby, i have heard that we wear girlie pads, but when you challenge these loveis they back out as they are scared affraid .
So never mind if they won't put their actions wwere thier mouths are they are just gay and should get shot Very Happy
Nellie
Nellie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down