Cumbria Mariners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

getting there

+3
Nellie
Dan #11
Hoggy
7 posters

Go down

getting there Empty getting there

Post  Hoggy Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:27 am

Guys
Last night i thought we looked awesome and i felt that we were looking like a team that could win this game coming up. I really enjoyed it and thought everyone put in 100%. Dan, I was suprised by you bud for a minute when I was running those routes and the ball was coming my way I could have thought I saw Tom Brady throwing those balls. Keep up the good work dudes. C ya all soon. Very Happy
Hoggy
Hoggy

Back to top Go down

getting there Empty Re: getting there

Post  Dan #11 Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:51 am

From now on, its gloves on! It was really good session, not quite as much fun as some of the previous sessions but a lot more usefull especially for the Oline and Dline. With a few more guys and a couple less out bursts it would have been the perfect session. The passing game is coming along!
Dan #11
Dan #11

Back to top Go down

Post  Nellie Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:48 am

It is coming on, but the proof will be in the pudding when we go against another team and not the people we've banging against for 9-10 months.
Nellie
Nellie

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan #11 Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:49 am

I can't wait
Dan #11
Dan #11

Back to top Go down

Post  Marcus Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:55 am

I saw a marked improvement last night over the last time I was at training (due to various problems, that was around a month). Good attendance, good attitude for the most part and people are starting to really try now that we're no longer in limbo regarding the league.

Nellie made me laugh, though... he's really getting into the coaching role. I think we'll have to dump the water butt over him just to cool him off after a game - he was getting worked up enough over practice Very Happy

Dan: Like I said last night - I think you need to think less about throwing and more about being generally aware... when we put the pressure on in the catching practice, you instantly threw better - it's possible to over-analyse familiar actions and I think that might be where you're having problems. I used to have the same problem in my martial arts and it applies to just about anything. Once you're used to it, stop thinking and just do - that is why we train, after all. And yes, I know I need to follow my own advice regarding hitting people, before you say. Smile

VERY good improvement on the catching side though - when under pressure, our catchers are going for the ball first and worrying about the hits second. Was particularly impressed with Hoggy (Flit's always been damned good, let's face it)... you're looking good there guys.

Can't forget the scrimmage though - all the linemen are looking good, but noticed a few gaps appearing last night - Dan may want to bribe the OL a little more for the game or he'll get slaughtered (I suggest a meal - usually works on linemen) Razz

All in all, keep it up everyone... looking good!!
Marcus
Marcus

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoggy Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:41 am

Too f***ing right! I'm awesome.......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
Hoggy
Hoggy

Back to top Go down

Post  Marcus Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:44 am

And so modest, too... Very Happy
Marcus
Marcus

Back to top Go down

Post  jaap Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:39 am

I agree with the comments made above on our passing game, it's just a pity I've had to give it up cos of injury. So there's the challenge to the new breed...the Brutal Truth is yours to take!!!!
jaap
jaap

Back to top Go down

getting there Empty OI what about my catch

Post  cumbriandave32 Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:59 am

Was particularly impressed with Hoggy (Flit's always been damned good, let's face it)

overhead inta the sun even the D stopped in amazment, mind i nearly dropped it in surprise

cumbriandave32

Back to top Go down

getting there Empty shut up or put up

Post  dave72 Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:45 pm

marcus said, Can't forget the scrimmage though - all the linemen are looking good, but noticed a few gaps appearing last night - Dan may want to bribe the OL a little more for the game or he'll get slaughtered (I suggest a meal - usually works on linemen)

listen mate you talk the fukin talk yet ive only seen you wobble let alone walk the walk
ive had enuff of you fuckin advice so shut it until you line up
ive been carrying a injury in my lower back/buttocks?eh? but dont moan bout it i wanna play i knw ive not been on the top of my game in the last few sessions

but now am fukin pissed off

andy gave some advice on thurs be more aggressive

andy, Evil or Very Mad i am

dave72

Back to top Go down

getting there Empty Dave i like the spirit

Post  cumbriandave32 Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:14 pm

Thats passion
and pride in your position now remember and use that anger or those words remember what it feels like and go out this thurs and knock fuck out of who ever lines up opposite that includes me, it only takes 1 good guy spittin blood to raise the lads around you,

the gauntlets been thrown down to the whole line, , if we are going to have a chance of winning isnt gonna be down to how dan throws the ball like we know he can, its gonna be down to the big front 5, win the trench fight win the game

Now all of you make him eat his words

cumbriandave32

Back to top Go down

Post  Marcus Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:06 pm

tbh Dave, reading it again, I was wrong to phrase that the way I did, so I apologise to all our linemen.

I will say this, though... Dave, my problems prevent me *walking* a lot of the time and even when I can walk, I need a stick for a week or two after. I've not mentioned my floating rib or any other injury I carry - they're not relevant, nor do they stop me taking part... with one exception (last week) I've been to all the sessions I've been able to and nobody is more pissed off at my poor attendance than I am - mainly because I need to keep rebuilding my fitness level only to see it shot to shit a few weeks later.

Love the fact you're fired up though Dave... if you hate me that much, just imagine my face on the opposing QB's face... Smile

I've got thick skin (and head, it's been said)... I prefer honesty and I say what I see and appreciate the same in return.
Marcus
Marcus

Back to top Go down

Post  Nellie Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:06 pm

Now boys listen up I don't mind the banter, but keep it nice and light. If anyone pisses you off come to me and we'll sort it. We are a team and a team still works together even when one of us pisses us off. Vent by all means, but stay nice about. Please Very Happy

remeber I'll do the shouting and ass kicking, my job guys.
Nellie
Nellie

Back to top Go down

Post  dave72 Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:31 pm

dont hate you marcus just dislike your opinions matey

big hugs and kisses to all I love you xxxxxxxxxxxx I love you

dave72

Back to top Go down

getting there Empty i like the avatar

Post  cumbriandave32 Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:46 pm

you ol silverback grrrrrrrr!