Cumbria Mariners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Request to Steve

+6
cumbriandave32
dave72
Paddy
Steve OTT #40
Spike 60
Marcus
10 posters

Go down

Request to Steve Empty Request to Steve

Post  Marcus Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:42 am

Steve, any chance you can get some small number stickers made up for the guys for our helmets? With all of them looking nearly identical, it'll be hard to tell your own helmet apart...

I know I'd be interested in putting my number and possibly my name on the back of my helmet.

Also, is it advisable to name all kit before taking it to club - just in case two people have identical gear and someone walks off with both by mistake?

Lastly - speaking to a few guys, how about getting together and getting a club fleece or jacket made up? It's something we'll all want, I think, and they look smart for photoshoots and any organised events where we're not in full kit, but it will be up to each of us to buy our own, plus a share of any common costs in the order. I would also ask (given the Cumbrian and English weather) if we could get fleece-lined capes made up for when we're not playing - they'd keep us both warm and dry between drives.

Yes, I know that all these will cost, but I know I'd sooner be warm and dry between playing and I'm sure others feel the same.
Marcus
Marcus

Back to top Go down

Request to Steve Empty Re: Request to Steve

Post  Spike 60 Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:02 am

I ain't wearin no goddam faggot cape.

Spike 60

Back to top Go down

Post  Marcus Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:06 am

Up to you m8 - but it's the best thing to put on over your pads and jersey when it's pissing it down... Wink

Thye're usually cut for the helmet too so the hoods are larger than normal.
Marcus
Marcus

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve OTT #40 Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:12 am

Spike i could not have put it better myself.

Apart from the fact we play in the summer and we play in the Uk not Green Bay it is a game for men, do you also want to attatch your gloves to elastic and feed them through your pads so you dont lose them when you take them off.
I also do not know why anyone would take anything home that they already have (unless its Tommy of course never turn your back when he is around)

The numbers for the helmets are in hand Marcus so have your cup of cocco and get tucked up nice and warm in bed and get some rest coz when you get up here ther is no time for rest and believe me you will not be cold. Twisted Evil
Steve OTT #40
Steve OTT #40

Back to top Go down

Post  Marcus Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:18 am

LOL ok guys - I just know what the Cornish summers are like - and this year I was wondering if I shouldn't have worn my wetsuit shorty under my clothes and to hell with it...

The club clothes I was thinking might help... I guess not.

And the taking stuff home, I just know what people are like if they're in a hurry to get home... they tend to grab what they think is their own kit and dash off - and then forget who to return it to. I've lost martial arts kit like that and a neoprene wrist support that never got returned, so...
Marcus
Marcus

Back to top Go down

Post  Paddy Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:49 am

If someone steals your kit, chances are when they turn up next week wearing it, you can kill them.
Paddy
Paddy
Admin

http://www.cumbriamariners.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Spike 60 Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:22 am

Marcus Noon wrote:Up to you m8 - but it's the best thing to put on over your pads and jersey when it's pissing it down... Wink

Thye're usually cut for the helmet too so the hoods are larger than normal.

I've played in every sort of weather apart from snow, and trust me, you don't even notice it.

Spike 60

Back to top Go down

Post  Marcus Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:45 pm

Sorry guys, but after being carted off to hospital with suspected hypothermia at the end of may last year (less than a month before the longest day in summer), sitting still in pouring rain and the cold was something I thought we'd all prefer to avoid. Especially when everyone's told me that Cumbria is colder and wetter than Cornwall...

Guess I was wrong.

The helmets I know are custom-fitted for each player and all look alike - from Mike's description at American Sports, around half the team or more have kit from him or are waiting on kit from him and it sounds like most of us got Schutt DNAs...

As for kit going walkabout, I'm not suggesting malicious intent, but with such a large group and such a limited choice of kit available to us in the UK, duplication is bound to happen - just thought that heading off such a problem before it happens would be wise. What brought this home was my replacement helmet and gloves arriving from Mike and the realisation that my gloves alone will cost 42 quid to replace should they go missing... and potentially, there could be over a dozen people with identical pairs there... I also know how scatterbrained I am for putting things down and forgetting where..

(Anyone got any spare elastic - I need around 2 yards...) Laughing
Marcus
Marcus

Back to top Go down

Request to Steve Empty losing gear

Post  dave72 Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:58 pm

dont worry marcus you will be able to tell which is your kit, Twisted Evil it will have your blood sweat n tears on Wink

dave72

Back to top Go down

Post  Spike 60 Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:10 pm

I'm quitting, i mean i've put up with busted ribs, concussion, smashed knee playin this game over the years. But now i have to fear hypothermia as well. Sorry lads, the risk is too great. Hell, might even be frostbite as well, no it's croquet for me from now on......in a cape.

Spike 60

Back to top Go down

Post  Marcus Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:35 pm

Nah... blood's not a problem for me - hell, I was whacked on the head with a staff a while back and the response from me was "ooh that hurt a bit... ooh look, I'm bleeding.." Razz

Hell - the blood is the official reason the Kempo styles use black clothing - so the blood won't show.

Also done the busted ribs and the concussion before now too - not broken anything major though - thank god...

Good god - all this fuss over a little bit of plastic to keep ya dry... ffs
Marcus
Marcus

Back to top Go down

Request to Steve Empty Sorry marcus but

Post  cumbriandave32 Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:20 pm

with the current outlay of just getting kitted up capes jackets and shit that money would be better spent on something more useful like erm beer for the return journey,

as for stickers use a pen write your name inside your gear and dont worry i dont think anyone will mistake your gear for theirs

seriously i agree with the boys

cumbriandave32

Back to top Go down

Request to Steve Empty I think I have to agree

Post  Nellie Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:40 am

With current outlays we need to get the basics first then move up if we are able to.

I plan on getting a kit bag, hopefully blazin orange so all can see it, for storing my gear.

OTT is hoping to get some more CM helmet decals for us so that would look nice when we all have a logog somewhere on us all. Very Happy
Nellie
Nellie

Back to top Go down

Post  Spike 60 Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:41 am

Marcus Noon wrote:

Good god - all this fuss over a little bit of plastic to keep ya dry... ffs
It isn't so much that, it's you having an opinion on anything and everything when you've never played the game.

Spike 60

Back to top Go down

Post  jaap Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:18 pm

Lads let's not fall out over a plastic bag that some of us may or may not want to wear Neutral

Marcus; my opinion is I think we have to walk before we can run (Paddy I'm not saying we should ditch the passing game for a running one there) and concentrate on the essentials to get us started scratch

Spike's right we're big tough boys up here in Cumbria (we're that hard the rats in mine and Butch's back gardens wear 16 holer Doc Marten's) Very Happy
jaap
jaap

Back to top Go down

Post  Marcus Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:44 pm

Yep, I could understand people saying that, Jaap, I was just looking at the long-term picture - while I'm still buying kit from the US and all...

We're tough down here too - hell, with half our weather fresh from the atlantic, we need to be...

Anyhow - I'll not be posting on the forums from now on... unlike some on here, I've been stuck in limbo for the most of my life and I've waited 20 years to play proper american football and don't want to mess it up with a bunch of stupid electrons. If you want me, feel free to add me to your MSN or ICQ, email, or PM me on here if you have no other alternative.
Marcus
Marcus

Back to top Go down

Request to Steve Empty deffo jaap my old friend

Post  butch 69 Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:24 pm

we need to think about better things b4 keepin dry like playin a game and marcos dental bill after 2 moz nyt

like puttin the work in 2 nyts den drinkin thursday fri sat no names mentioned !!! butch !!! need to all start taking things serious like steve said to us all on monday im sure u can all remember his very movng speach theres no i in team were only as strong as our weakest man so we all need to give it our all from now on and we will get somewere its no good coming on here wid promises we carnt keep MARCO who i will deal with 2morrow lmao we all wana get somewere in this league so we all need to train hard and not get down wen we fuck up just pick our heads up and do it on the next play
butch 69
butch 69

Back to top Go down

Post  Nellie Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:43 pm

DUDES!!!! I think you all said right, but lets not loose sight or spirit of these posts. Yeah we can shit talk and all, but lets all not get to pissed by it all. Yes we all have a valid point and we are coming together as a team, we just need those that don't show to show and give it some play time as they'll be fucked when game time comes Cool
Nellie
Nellie

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan #11 Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:05 am

I want to meet butches speach writer! All good points.

MARCO vs BUTCH

tonight

7pm
Dan #11
Dan #11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down