Cumbria Mariners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Very Proud

+3
marco64
Dan #11
Steve OTT #40
7 posters

Go down

Very Proud Empty Very Proud

Post  Steve OTT #40 Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:40 am

I have to say how proud I was on Saturday at the way most of you conducted yourselves and stuck to the task.

in no particular order Roger, Craig, Reece, Dave B, Dave R, Simon, Stu, Noon, Butch, Iain G, The Boy, Dan, Marco, Smithy you all put a hell of a shift in and were always ready to do more.

There were signs that we could do well but with so many people having to play both ways Spike and I had no chance to change things and make adjustments.

One or two of you have got to take a long hard look at yourselves and decide if this game is for you. To play this game you have to have Heart, Desire and Passion and some of you did not show that to me your teamates or yourselves on Saturday. You all know how I feel about this game and how I have no time for whingers and big mouths who when it gets tough shrink away. I must give Marcus praise as I did not have a lot of time for him ,as I think he knows, But he stood his ground on Saturday and showed some desire (Marcus dont get carried away with this coment I am not going soft I just felt you deserved some praise keep it up)

Now this is not going to go down too well but it needs said, Dan as long as I have a hole in my arse you will never be a QB, I saw on Saturday how good a DB you are and I think you should concentrate on that. If you want to be a leader of the team you need to shoulder part of the blame and not just scream and shout at everyone else but be calm and assured and this will rub off on the rest of the team.

Andy was right we need at least 10 if not 15 more players so we can rotate and keep fresh, we have advantages over a lot of teams in the fact we have a lot of large northern lads for the line and one country bumkin which is usually the area most teams struggle so if everyone brings one mate to training we should get better.

All in all keep your heads up work hard and we will get there Laughing
Steve OTT #40
Steve OTT #40

Back to top Go down

Very Proud Empty Dear Team

Post  Dan #11 Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:14 am

I think thats its fair to say that I am a pretty shit QB. Also I didn't have the patience for it this weekend, but that wasn't the case in the previous game. I'll also take responsibility for the majority of the teams poor performance on O as I was the one calling most of the plays and setting them off. I don't think its fair to say that I could never be able to become a QB. I have had no QB coach and taught myself as much as I can to try and be good enough to play. As I have already said I realise I am a weak link in the offence but I am the only person who has put the time into learning how to do it. I've made no secret that corner is my position and i know i am good at it so i volunteered myself to spend my time learning to be a QB.
I took the hits with the team and never blamed people for me getting hit, I did get pissed off with the huddle, I'll try not to next time. When the coaches decide that someone is better than me I'll play second string. It would be nice to get my put downs in person rather than on the forum though! on the other hand cheers for the DB comment!
Dan #11
Dan #11

Back to top Go down

Very Proud Empty Hat off to you

Post  Steve OTT #40 Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:33 am

Respect Dan for standing up and taking your hit. I dont beleive in shrinking away and I think your comments will help the whole team move forward.

I acccept that no one has come forward wanting to do the QB job but I hope this thread will encourage a potential Dan Marino to come forward and show us what they have.

I am old school and believe in public flogging and public praise so thats just me Twisted Evil

See you all soon cheers
Steve OTT #40
Steve OTT #40

Back to top Go down

Very Proud Empty Re: Very Proud

Post  marco64 Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:22 am

I thought i had a terrible game at Center on saturday, not much better on special teams either. Been struggling to concentrate recently, saturday was no different, i didn't want to let the team down by making someone else have to play more because of me though.
marco64
marco64

Back to top Go down

Post  Marcus Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:30 am

Respect Dan... you really put in the effort in D - your face showed how much you were suffering and still you hung in there.

Steve: Hey... I couldn't let the #40 shirt down, could I? I'm still pissed about not getting any tackles at all though... that's a real "Must Try Harder" for me there. Sad

Marco: Not wanting to put strain on the team? That's all anyone can ask - that you do as much as you can and to the best of your ability. I didn't have as good a game as I'd have liked and I'm sure most will say the same - the scoreline probably put us off our game a bit.

We'll get them next time. 3rd time's the charm? I bloody hope so...
Marcus
Marcus

Back to top Go down

Very Proud Empty thanks OTT

Post  cumbriandave32 Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:12 am

means a hell of alott,
i want another game to put that to bed. 13yds my arse i was just warming up. mind i ddnt have the paddster clearing holes for me.
if i loose and have given my best im gutted but i can hold my head up, just wish we could have played like we can and show the ppl round here we can do it.
Dan,marco we are a team, we train as a team play and loose as a team and by fuck we will win as a team
we got the parties sorted, Got some good pictures of QB getting "Binned""
out of all the positions i wouldnt want to play is qb so you got my respec for doing so far

ive been thinking iv got some plays to run by the skipers and coaches its a bit of what andy was trying to say pre game and what we were doing already but simpler if we got time before our next match that is,

cumbriandave32

Back to top Go down

Post  jaap Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:29 pm

As I've said somewhere else it was hard being a ball boy on saturday and not being on the field...however my crap aside I was impressed with the way the team conducted itself before,during and after the game...we'll only get better and I say WE cos even though I'm fucked which way I saw you guys perform on Saturday I'm PROUD TO BE A MARINER!!!
jaap
jaap

Back to top Go down

Post  bigsmithy Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:37 pm

thanks, tho i personally thought i contributed bugger all.
need to work on snap timing i'm just a bit slow off the mark and when i say a bit i mean a lifetime.
bigsmithy
bigsmithy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down