Cumbria Mariners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A fantastic day

+11
Nellie
butch 69
Hoggy
marco64
sonofmatt
Paddy
rico
iainglen
cumbriandave32
dave72
J36
15 posters

Go down

A fantastic day Empty A fantastic day

Post  J36 Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:03 pm

Thanks to all for an amazing day. The mariners first game. Bloddy amazing, one of the best days of my life.

You played with heart and pride. I am proud to be a mariner.

Good luck to all of you for the next game. Kick ass dudes.
J36
J36

http://www.clanram.com

Back to top Go down

A fantastic day Empty Re: A fantastic day

Post  dave72 Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:44 pm

yeah thanks to paddy and the rest of the committe wot a fantsitic day

we lost but we didnt get beat.... we played with heart and pride
im proud to wear the shirt it means the everything to me do to justice we are CUMBRIA MARINERS

im ready for the home game
bring em on

ready set hut!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we were a team WE ARE A TEAM

ps Twisted Evil the dynamic duo will not be defeated Evil or Very Mad

dave72

Back to top Go down

Post  cumbriandave32 Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:41 am

dave72 wrote:we lost but we didnt get beat.... we played with heart and pride
im proud to wear the shirt it means the everything to me do to justice we are CUMBRIA MARINERS

cant put it any better

cumbriandave32

Back to top Go down

Post  iainglen Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:39 am

Certainly was a day to remember, glad we had the experience (sometimes painful!) of coming together & learning as a team. If we carry on playing like we did late in the game we are going to challenge teams AND beat teams.

ps.was gonna wear my game shirt to the pub - mud and all - but was too knackered by the time i got home...old man syndrome!!

Catch you all at Whitehaven

Go'an the Marra's!!
iainglen
iainglen

Back to top Go down

A fantastic day Empty fantastic day and night

Post  rico Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:48 am

dave couldnt have said it any better
pride, passion,teamwork thats wot we all showed yesterday
rico
rico

Back to top Go down

Post  Paddy Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:09 am

Proud of all of you guys,

all the hard work put into the background was worth it yesterday,

you all reacted the rite way and played with your hearts on your sleeves

If we play like we did in the second half at whitehaven, it will be much closer.
Paddy
Paddy
Admin

http://www.cumbriamariners.co.uk

Back to top Go down

A fantastic day Empty Well done lads

Post  sonofmatt Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:16 am

Well done lads .That was a great show from both teams .The league official guy was impressed with the field and game day managment. The refs even said it wasnt to bad for penalties .We didnt even break into any fights or anything like that .Infact the full day was played with great spirit and rivalry between the two teams. When I spoke to Frank from Hot-Iron he also said that it was really entertaining to watch and some great sportsmanship was shown which nowadays is missing a lot .
If you guys need any help with things for game day then let us know .
Thanks for a great day boys and I will have pictures on my Bebo by tonight.

sonofmatt

Back to top Go down

Post  marco64 Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:30 am

Brilliant day yesterday, really enjoyed it, thought we showed a lot heart and spirit after going down early, was very proud to play with you guys and our teamspirit was great. Can't wait for home game.
marco64
marco64

Back to top Go down

A fantastic day Empty awesome guys

Post  Hoggy Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:47 am

I can't put into words how i'm feeling guys. We were fantastic yesterday, i know we were all nervous when we were on the coach and i felt physically sick. But as soon as we got on the pitch we were brilliant I can't stop thinking about the day and can't wait to get back to traning on thursday to practice. I have a feeling we might be alright for our home game. Also well done to clyde valley, you played well and your hospitality was fantastic thank you all again. Hoggy.
Hoggy
Hoggy

Back to top Go down

A fantastic day Empty i am captain stella!!!!!!!!!

Post  butch 69 Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:18 am

ha ha wt a game and what i nyt was brilliant boys all our hard work was worth it we all played well homeboyz!!!!!!! my mam was impressed n she has now aqired a taste for jager carnt wait 2 the home game what i laugh we had last nyt
butch 69
butch 69

Back to top Go down

Post  Nellie Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:40 am

Well biys you all said it and it's true. We did some fantatic work on that field, now just need to work on a few things. we need you all to turn up on Thursday so we can get everyone on the same sheet of music.

I was pleased with what you all did and I justt wish I had more exp at coaching to make a bigger difference Sad
Nellie
Nellie

Back to top Go down

A fantastic day Empty Re clyde match

Post  rico Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:43 am

everybody well done and it was a pleasure being next to you all on the field
We werent playing yesterday to win or because we had to we were doing it cause we were loving it.

team spirit was awesome and i think we presented to them a professional team wanting to learn and gain experience after all that is all we need.
Coach you were brilliant also!
Cant say much about the journey home the pictures on my phone speak for themselves including the one of coach looking worse for wear. GREAT
look forward to training and the home game
rico
rico

Back to top Go down

A fantastic day Empty Game Day

Post  Andy 95 Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:04 am

Well what can I say that's not been said already!!It would have been so easy to give up in the 1st quarter when we went behind,but instead we all kept our heads up & kept playing!I can honestly say I was proud to be part of the team-there was team spirit & commitment from everyone,I don't think anyone could ask for more.
I would also like to thank Clyde for a hard but good spirited game,& for their hospitality afterwards-cheers lads!!

Andy 95

Back to top Go down

Post  Marcus Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:37 am

Great game from what I've heard guys - wish I'd been able to at least see it and cheer you on - I was praying to anyone that might have been listening that we'd win, but I guess our inexperience on the field showed initially from what I heard. Great spirit to hold the score down though - I'm proud to be in the same team. I really do mean that.

Thanks also for a great ride home guys - I'm croaking today (Dan's sing-alongs probably accounted for that) and drinking like a fish so my damned foot won't complain.. Very Happy

And sorry for not drinking with you guys - not allowed Beer (yeast is a no-no for gout, as is alcohol) and liquors are nearly as bad. Even when I could drink, I used to just get a headache and fall asleep, missing out the fun part (yes, I know, it sucks... tell me about it!!). Add to that that I'd already arranged a lift at whitehaven and no way to get home from Worky and a pumping headache (I suspect due to the noise at the back of the bus (aka the party) Laughing) and I'd not have been good company last night. I'll see about joining you at the home game party. Smile

Lastly thanks to Simon, Nellie and Julian for bringing me out of my depression on the bus and by the time the rest of you had finished (especially The Boy who was telling me not to worry once every 30 seconds by the time we hit Worky) I had almost forgotten it and was joining in with Dan's rendition of "lovin' feeling". Very Happy

Feeling a lot better today thanks to you guys and I hope to be joining you all for the home game (I won't tempt fate by saying "will" or a house may fall out the sky or something... yesterday taught me that much!). Oh and if we want catering, mum has recently gotten back into cooking cakes and so on and for the love of god, I need someone to eat them!! I'm on a damned diet ffs!! Laughing

Lastly: THANKS!!! To Sonofmatt and his guys (and girls) for their hospitality (sorry I didn't drop by for food - I really wasn't in the mood and wasn't going to abandon either of the changing rooms until both were occupied) and for trying to get me in the game... I'll see if I can't repay the debt of honour I owe in time (well, any time except on the field, of course). Smile
Marcus
Marcus

Back to top Go down

A fantastic day Empty a few words from te mvp me thinks

Post  artfuldodger73 Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:50 pm

dave puts it gud and true with what he says.
rite guys. firstly, everyone gives yourselves a pat on the back if you can reach it thru the pain. i thought that we presented ourselves brilliantly for our first competetive game outside of training. it shows the areas that need work but overall i thoroughly enjoyed myself before,during and afterwards! top day was had.
thanks to the boys who organised the game and everything to go alongside it!

i hope that at the next game at home we make them work harder for the points. i think they will know that they will have a harder game at our place and i promise to put my all into actually scoring some points instead of the paper stats. thanks to the o-line for all there hard work in getting me to those figures and to the rest of the team for there best tackling, blocking, hitting etc!

work hard, play hard then party hard!!!

see you boys at training thurs, once the body has healed

p.s whose idea was that bloody captians hat!
artfuldodger73
artfuldodger73

Back to top Go down

Post  marco64 Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:15 pm

Thanks a lot to everyone at clyde, you were great hosts and i really enjoyed my time there.
marco64
marco64

Back to top Go down

A fantastic day Empty Hello

Post  Phat Gesus Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:35 am

Is it wrong to love the pain ???????????????????
Phat Gesus
Phat Gesus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down