Cumbria Mariners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new training pitch

+5
dave72
Nellie
jaap
Paddy
Steve OTT #40
9 posters

Go down

new training pitch Empty new training pitch

Post  Steve OTT #40 Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:58 am

I have just come off the phone from Netherhall Sports Centre and 2 thirds of te Astro Pitch could be available on a Thursday night.
This is a full sized Football pitch so 2 thirds would be a lot bigger than the horse centre but it is a lot more expensive so we would need big numbers down.

We really need this to take our development on further.

Please post your thoughts.

There are also grass pitches so this could be a one stop shop to host our games. bounce
Steve OTT #40
Steve OTT #40

Back to top Go down

new training pitch Empty Re: new training pitch

Post  Paddy Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:19 am

I think that would be great.

We need to train outside for space, but we cant do it with only a few people turning up. we need a few sessions with a full line.
Paddy
Paddy
Admin

http://www.cumbriamariners.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  jaap Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:17 am

I've played soccer on the astro turf at Netherhall and reckon it would be ideal for us but I take the point if it's more expensive we would need big numbers turning up, but we need that anyway. Also if we're outside we might get a shot at playing in the snow (if we get any).
jaap
jaap

Back to top Go down

Post  Nellie Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:42 pm

Sounds good really. As we all have agreed on as well is the numbers Very Happy

The only thing I can think of is if we mail shot everybody and try to get them to commit to coming, even if it is only on thursday, at least we'll get the numbers and with luck they'll stay. clown
Nellie
Nellie

Back to top Go down

new training pitch Empty re new pitch

Post  dave72 Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:48 pm

i dont care were we train as long as we do christ id train on the moon

dave72

Back to top Go down

Post  Nellie Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:49 pm

nokw that is a commute I don't wanna do!!!! No
Nellie
Nellie

Back to top Go down

Post  bigsmithy Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:12 pm

Another 2 weeks til my kit turns up, Bein big really has its disadvantages.

Can't wait to start trainin again.
bigsmithy
bigsmithy

Back to top Go down

Post  Speedy Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:51 pm

whitehaven amateurs football astro turf, bout 35 quid for an hour on half pitch and its massive, best artificial pitch round here by far !

Speedy

Back to top Go down

Post  Marcus Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:12 pm

I hope you don't move to Netherhall - if you go that far, I suspect my chances of playing will be nil - for one thing, you'd wear out the elastic band on Dan's car... Laughing

Seriously, other considerations should be bad snowfalls stopping people from getting to practice and fuel costs getting everyone back and forth.

How much would the Whitehaven stadium cost to rent regularly? I notice it's floodlit and has both turf and astro pitches as well as the stands.

Also (unless it's the same place) would the Whitehaven Warriors let us use their pitch? After all, Rugby and AmFoot use much the same pitch markings. We could also possibly rent some of their equipment (mainly their sleds) for lineman training.

I'm afraid that Kendal is a little far to travel for me. pale
Marcus
Marcus

Back to top Go down

Post  Paddy Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:20 am

Where ever we play won't be great for everyone,

But we have as many people from the north of the county who come, as from the west so I don't think that holding training at netherhall would be a problem.

I think it is only a further couple of miles from where we train now.

Whitehaven astro pitch is £60 an hour for the pitch and we can't get it during the week, but i think we can play our home games there.

Warriors pitch I think would be a no, because they play during the Summer, same as our league and i doubt they would let us use their pitch.
Paddy
Paddy
Admin

http://www.cumbriamariners.co.uk

Back to top Go down

new training pitch Empty trash talk

Post  Steve OTT #40 Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:47 am

Marcus

Are you sure you are moving to Cumbria coz your map seems a little out. The netherhall pitch is in Maryport approx 5mins from where we train now and no where near Kendal.

After all the trash talk you have posted on here it would be a shame not to turn up to put into practice what you have said your going to do and give your team mates a chance to show you what they can do Evil or Very Mad

Football is about total commitment and not prima dona's who want everything easy and on their doorstep.

If tommy and Danny can come from Dumfries (thats in Scotland at the top of your map) and a number of players come from Carlisle and Brampton (thats east of Carlisle) I am sure an extra 5 mins for people who only travel between 20 mins and half a hour should not be a problem. Anyway i thought you didnt drive so someone will be giving you a lift so wheres the problem.

Sorry for the rant but I am passionate about this game and only want players that want to win on the roster cheers
Steve OTT #40
Steve OTT #40

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan #11 Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:23 am

Yeh i need my chance to lay you out after all the trash you've been talking about my car!

Getting outside will be alot better for us, esp for the receivers and DBs as we only have inside and fly routes now. Also runs can go wider making it harder for the D ends and outside linebackers. We're not playing real football in the horse centre, its too crushed up and the sooner we get a session outside on a full pitch, be it whitehaven or maryport, the better. We couldn't expect to go into a game with the training we have had. The D are going to have to get fitter cos we are fast! (except paddy)

And why is Jaap so excited to play on snow?
Dan #11
Dan #11

Back to top Go down

Post  Nellie Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:40 am

The best type of playing is in the snow dude! Yeah a wider field would excellent then both sides can spread out and make the plays more interesting.
Nellie
Nellie

Back to top Go down

Post  Marcus Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:26 am

Steve OTT #40 wrote:Marcus

Are you sure you are moving to Cumbria coz your map seems a little out. The netherhall pitch is in Maryport approx 5mins from where we train now and no where near Kendal.

After all the trash talk you have posted on here it would be a shame not to turn up to put into practice what you have said your going to do and give your team mates a chance to show you what they can do Evil or Very Mad

Football is about total commitment and not prima dona's who want everything easy and on their doorstep.

If tommy and Danny can come from Dumfries (thats in Scotland at the top of your map) and a number of players come from Carlisle and Brampton (thats east of Carlisle) I am sure an extra 5 mins for people who only travel between 20 mins and half a hour should not be a problem. Anyway i thought you didnt drive so someone will be giving you a lift so wheres the problem.

Sorry for the rant but I am passionate about this game and only want players that want to win on the roster cheers

Nah m8: I used Google maps and it showed some place on the other side of the national park - looking again I think it was Netherhall road.

I'm no prima donna - I used to do kempo jujitsu 3 sessions a week at one point (which lead to my injury, which in turn lead to be putting on 7 stone in a month or two).

I didn't mean to intend to trash talk either - just eager to join in and REALLLY frustrated at how long this move is taking.

I just had bad visions about crossing the national park in the middle of winter.
Marcus
Marcus

Back to top Go down

Post  Marcus Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:28 am

Just to add: Please go easy on me where the smaller towns and places are concerned - remember I've grown up in Cornwall, so not sure about placenames and reliant on google maps and the like to find out where places are.

Have to admit though - I thought it strange that you'd move training down there - it was practically in Lancashire the place I thought it was.
Marcus
Marcus

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve OTT #40 Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:47 am

Marcus

+7 stone in a month or 2 Jesus man what did you eat your last coach or something.

Look on the positive side though you are now big enough to play in the trenches the best place to be Twisted Evil
Steve OTT #40
Steve OTT #40

Back to top Go down

Post  Marcus Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:52 am

hehe nah... I took to some bed rest while still eating large lunches and dinners (when you do 3 training sessions a week + any additional weight training sessions you feel like, you tend to burn the food nicely - unfortunately, when you stop the exercise...).

The weight's coming off slowly though - I'm hoping that some good exercise will also help.

Strangely enough, I used to suffer from gout too - meaning I had to be very careful what I ate and no alcohol... since before christmas, I've been knocking back the booze and eating all the wrong foods and I've been fine so far... weird.
Marcus
Marcus

Back to top Go down

Post  Nellie Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:29 am

OHHH Gout how shitty! Never mind you'll soon be back to match fitness soon with all that exercise!
Nellie
Nellie

Back to top Go down

Post  jaap Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:36 am

Dan I'm keen to play on snow cos it looks great fun and also cos I'm a big kid at heart!!!
jaap
jaap

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down