Cumbria Mariners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To Rodger

4 posters

Go down

To Rodger Empty To Rodger

Post  Dan #11 Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:33 am

Spoke to jim today:

I have a helmet and pads. I have meant to put them on eBay but haven't got round to it yet. The helmet is Schutt DNA Advantage (XL) which was £140 new back in January. The pads are Rawlings 18-19" and for a QB or WR ideally. They only cost me about £40 off eBay last autumn.

I'd be happy to let them both go for about £100 if the lad is interested.

That is a really good deal as the helmet has not really been used. People at training have that same helmet so you can try one on for size first. Let me know
Dan #11
Dan #11

Back to top Go down

To Rodger Empty reply on kit

Post  artfuldodger73 Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:46 am

yeah i'll try someone elses helmet on to get a feel of it in relation to size as unsure how big my head is.lol. does it matter bout pads and position!coz i don't know regarding equipment! i'll have a chat bout it when next at training then. laterz
artfuldodger73
artfuldodger73

Back to top Go down

To Rodger Empty Re: To Rodger

Post  Nellie Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:40 am

For pads it does as a linemans pads are different to the QB's. what position you gonna play as I'll be selling my gear.
Nellie
Nellie

Back to top Go down

Post  Marcus Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:01 pm

I've got 3XL lineman pads you can try on - my XL helmet might be a little weird though, since I've inflated the bladders on the top quite a way... apparently my head is a weird shape...

And leggings aren't a problem, I bought some from the US in 4 and 5XL and found them too big, so if anyone is larger than me and can't buy pants to fit, give me a yell... aside from that, just about anyone is likely to have kit to spare in your size - if only for a try-on. If you need a 2XL jersey, I've got one like the others that I got in the hope it would fit (it didn't) since it was the largest they do off the rack.

To quote the famous sketch... "We got wee, not so wee and FRIGGIN HUGE!!!" Very Happy
Marcus
Marcus

Back to top Go down

To Rodger Empty kit stuff

Post  artfuldodger73 Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:51 pm

In reply to the kit 100 squid sounds good but can't afford it till payday nxt month if willing to wait a while for the dosh!

noony: if you could bring some pads and helmets u have spare(or anyone else), i've got to more suckers to come training this monday! working on getting day off due to being on lates this week so it not to freaky for the lads i got to come!
artfuldodger73
artfuldodger73

Back to top Go down

Post  Marcus Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:46 pm

Wish I did have spare pads/helmet, but all I got spare is a jersey and some leggings (2XL jersey and 4/5XL pants). Oh and bought some mouthguards after leaving mine behind after training without even molding it... they're mainly for when I lose this current one, but if anyone is in need...

And if anyone needs to get their helmet sorted, I *did* get a helmet pump so my helmet actually doesn't slide down over my eyes now. Smile
Marcus
Marcus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum