Cumbria Mariners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TRAINING

+6
dave72
Hoggy
Marcus
Nellie
andy88
Paddy
10 posters

Go down

TRAINING Empty TRAINING

Post  Paddy Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:51 am

Numbers have been a joke recently.

Would people be more prepared to travel if we only trained once a week?

I suggest we train only on Sundays at Whitehaven between say 12 - 4?

I think we should cancel the week night training for the time being and push for weekend training, we can only improve if we are all together. We only had 8 people last night. It just isn't good enough lets not let things slip now that the league application is in.
Paddy
Paddy
Admin

http://www.cumbriamariners.co.uk

Back to top Go down

TRAINING Empty DESPERATE TIMES!

Post  andy88 Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:01 pm

Sorry Paddy but i am not travelling 60 miles for a game of 6 on 6,that is why i stayed away last night as probably some of the others from Carlisle/Scotland area.Now Jaap and Nellie have gone the there is only a dozen committed players.I agree we only train once a week with the numbers were getting but can it be somewhere closer to Carlisle? as the numbers are falling and the training is getting further away from us guys.Some sessions have been nearly 50/50 with Carlisle/west lads,Steve Stu Marco Danny Tommy Me Andy and Ian Glen.Yes i know the team was born out west but the numbers are missing from out there!Im not having a go at anyone i want the team to get in the leauge but the way its going we couldnt field a team for a friendly nevermind the league.I wont be travelling until its worth coming for a decent session.Would like some feedback from all you guys,dont hold back give it both barrels.This is not me being negative i want it to work. Andy.
andy88
andy88

Back to top Go down

TRAINING Empty Re: TRAINING

Post  Nellie Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:12 pm

Andy Your right and it sucks that people aren't turning up. I am coming back, but not as a player as my ankle will probably not hold up to the punishment. Once I can walk without crutches I will be coming and looking to be one of the coaches.

As for numbers I think that people either say they ain't coming or show up as we had the numbers before and now they have gone and didn't have the FUCKING common decency to say they are leaving, if you play a team sport then talk to the team and stop playing this girly bullshit game of just dissappearing!!!!
Nellie
Nellie

Back to top Go down

Post  Marcus Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:27 pm

Yeah, I do need to apologise Nellie, I had hoped to be back by now - instead I've been hit by two gout attacks since the last training - but I could have turned up to at least show I was still around.

I hope Jaap changes his mind and I'm sorry to hear about your ankles, Nellie (I can relate, being a heavy guy).

I would have been back yesterday to watch, but I'd forgotten the time while working on one of the PCs that was playing up (the one with my database on it that tells me what box has what packed in it) and by the time I realised, I'd missed Hoggy's lift by around half an hour.

If the lift is still there, Hoggy, I'll be there next week, but not yet to train - I suffered my last attack last thursday and, although there's little pain atm, I'm still in the puffy stage where it'd be near-impossible to get the boots on (and it's also a sign that I'm still close to another attack if I dehydrate).

Let's not all get disheartened though guys - I know everyone was disappointed by not getting the game, but we'll never get it if we all disappear, right?

Unfortunately, things have started happening in recent weeks too, where we can finally start to get shelves and other DIY done, while we couldn't before... and it's taken my mind off training when I should be hyping myself up. Sad
Marcus
Marcus

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoggy Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:05 am

Hey marcus you can have a lift on monday if you want? I finish work at 6 but will pick you up at 6.40pm? if thats ok? also Tim has arranged for some of his mates to come down and play. c u monday
Hoggy
Hoggy

Back to top Go down

Post  Marcus Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:15 am

Cheers Hoggy - if I'm not visible, give my home phone a call and yell at me - chances are I've gotten my head into something and I've lost track of time again.
Marcus
Marcus

Back to top Go down

TRAINING Empty this is gonna go down the pan

Post  dave72 Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:06 pm

ive spent to much fuckin money for this to go down the shitter. is there anywhere to train half way between carlisle and whitehaven (no more fuckin sand) have any of you looked, i know steve found dearham which got us this far. i must admit tho copeland will take some beating its top banana . i sympathise with the north cumbria/scotland lads and lets face it we your experience as much as your bodys (oooer)
i hope we can work it out but.....

dave72

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan #11 Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:35 am

Its now light enough a night that we could train anywhere during the week, no lights needed. Also weekends could be anywhere too. If anyone has any sugestions for a place to train on any day write it up. We need to be training. Anyone who has lived here all there life should have more of an idea where there is to train than people who have lived here 7 months (me). Lets get proactive and have some ideas!
Dan #11
Dan #11

Back to top Go down

Post  Paddy Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:54 am

Dan,

I Concur, there are a lot of you who want to get more involved, so come on guys, step up to the plate and find us somewhere.

I want lists, places, prices, times, contacts.

As they say on project catwalk 'Make it work'.
Paddy
Paddy
Admin

http://www.cumbriamariners.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  iainglen Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:24 pm

Paddy...you watch project catwalk?!? Any other shocking confessions you gonna hit us with? Smile
iainglen
iainglen

Back to top Go down

TRAINING Empty Games needed

Post  sonofmatt Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:47 pm

Hi Guys .
Sounds as though you are struggling for numbers at training - Your not on your own .The Eagles are the same and its all down to nothing in the way of games to look forward to.
I think it is time that someone asked the league why we need 4 weeks to register a team - surely the object is to get them playing time asap or this crap starts to happen - I mean how can we play established teams if they have started the season - Our youths played Gateshead today and whilst talking to a coach the seniors struggle for turn outs as well - Can I suggest that either you or us contact the league with two or three dates and ask them which ids the ealiest we can play - Or what about an old style joint training sesion ( wink wink )
Keep up the belief and you never know it just might happen

sonofmatt

Back to top Go down

TRAINING Empty thanks for your honesty matt

Post  cumbriandave32 Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:28 pm

its knocked our wind out surely, a training session ha ha nice one

cumbriandave32

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down