Cumbria Mariners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New recruits?

+3
Paddy
Dan #11
Barrow_WR
7 posters

Go down

New recruits? Empty New recruits?

Post  Barrow_WR Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:26 am

Hi all. I have just been made aware of your team and wondered if you are looking for any new recruits?

I played wide receiver for the Bristol Bullets at uni about 3 years ago and have a mate who played Corner back for Southampton. In addition I know a couple of other lads from Barrow who would be very interested in playing.

Would you be able to provide us with some information such as where you train,how often you play games etc.

Barrow_WR

Back to top Go down

New recruits? Empty Re: New recruits?

Post  Dan #11 Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:46 am

Hi

We are always looking for new players, especially those will playing experience. We alredy have a few ex-BCAFL players atm from newcastle, lancaster and edinburgh so you would easily fit in. We train on mondays and thursdays from 7 until 9. As of next week, one session will be inside on the sand at Dearham heavy horse centre and the other will be at copeland athletics stadium in whitehaven on either the astro or grass. We are in our associate year now so we expect to be playing around 5 games agains teams in league 2 and then next year will join the league in Div 2 North.
Come over and give it a go, no experience needed and we normally have enough spare kit to get all new comers playing in there first session.
Dan #11
Dan #11

Back to top Go down

Post  Paddy Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:39 am

Always happy to have new players joining us

Training is monday and thursday 7 - 9

Check out the website for more information www.cumbriamariners.co.uk
Paddy
Paddy
Admin

http://www.cumbriamariners.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Nellie Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:20 pm

Like dude comein up from barrow??? you must be dedicated that road is a right BITCH!!!!! HJowever Come and jopin in the team we need you all!!!!! Very Happy
Nellie
Nellie

Back to top Go down

Post  Barrow_WR Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:32 am

Nellie wrote:Like dude comein up from barrow??? you must be dedicated that road is a right BITCH!!!!!

Yeh it is absolutely shocking! At the moment there is me and four others who are interested. One is 6ft 7 but is currently laid low with a knee injury.

I'm going to have a word with them all and hopefully we can get up to training some time soon.

Barrow_WR

Back to top Go down

Post  Nellie Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:04 am

Sounds like a good deal dude. We're hopefullly moving to the copeland stadium, its near the hospital. Its grass and astroturf plus a weight room. For you all a bit shorter journey. Very Happy
Nellie
Nellie

Back to top Go down

Post  iainglen Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:26 pm

Hey barrow guys, good that there are a few of you who can share a bit of the travelling expense. Be great to see you here, hope you make it for game day too Smile
iainglen
iainglen

Back to top Go down

Post  heft Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:01 am

hi im one of twe new barrow lads (the 6` 9 really ;-) )that what to play but in time as iv just had a knee op and i wont be able to train or play till jan 09 as i ripped a ligerment in my knee really bad.but iv never played b4 and i would love to try it out and see if i like it and got what it takes.i like watching it on tv but i know its not the same as when u are just sat there telling them what to do lol.
heft
heft

Back to top Go down

Post  Nellie Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:39 am

Dude knee surgery is a bitch. I wouldn't push the palyin till it heels, but still come and see what its like, you could always do a bit of coaching if it ever took your fancy.
Nellie
Nellie

Back to top Go down

Post  heft Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:57 pm

yay i mite do one day but i would love to play a few games just to see whats its like and that.where would be my best plase as big as i am?
heft
heft

Back to top Go down

Post  Nellie Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:04 am

Depends, but I woukld think reciever as your height will give you the advantage. Plus it would give Dan a better target to thow to. Coaching is a good way to learn plays and the like. Very Happy
Nellie
Nellie

Back to top Go down

Post  jaap Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:33 pm

[quote="Nellie"] it would give Dan a better target to thow to.

Fucking hell Nellie big up the existing recievers why don't you Shocked
jaap
jaap

Back to top Go down

Post  Nellie Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:36 pm

Well I was just thinking of the size that was all. Jaap you and Stu have my big up anytime!
Nellie
Nellie

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan #11 Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:09 am

And thats the brutal truth
Dan #11
Dan #11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content