Media interest

Go down

Media interest Empty Media interest

Post  ade on Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:09 pm

Another good training session, all we need is to get the numbers, which i'm sure will come.

An independent journalist has contacted Aspatria rugby club, and wants to generate some media interest in the Mariners.

Hopefully he will be there on Sunday, he has links to newspapers, tv and radio.

See you all Sunday.

ade

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Media interest Empty Re: Media interest

Post  FYSH on Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:07 am

This is a really good chance to get some new players involved with the team, and i think to make a good impression with the guy we need to have as many people down as possible so that we look like a real club. I hope to see as many of u as can be there even if u cant kit up cuz you are hurt it would still be good to have you there.
FYSH
FYSH

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Media interest Empty training sessions

Post  DEMON#75 on Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:14 am

personally i feel that you guys need to get numbers and then get intouch with spike as hes the best thing this team has got as a head coach, he was getting the few that were turning up into a good rhythm and hey lets not forget the improvement he help with for the team
DEMON#75
DEMON#75

View user profile http://cumbrianmariners2.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Si on Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:31 pm

That's grand news, can always do with a bit of spreading the word! Got a few emails from some lads from Carlisle and one near Gretna interested in playing for us too, just shows that if we can get the word out, there are players out there for us. We showed last season that all we need is numbers to get this team into the league and this is a great step towards getting those numbers in.
Si
Si
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Media interest Empty getting in the league

Post  DEMON#75 on Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:51 am

sorry to piss on your bonfire m8 but if you have a close look at what went on last year m8 you will see that on each of the occassions that we played the clyde team they did not feild a team of 35 players..............................................em let me think back now.........werent we told via paddy that for the mariners to get into the league that we needed 35+plus players well it seams one law for clyde but another for the mariners.....................you have to be realistic and look at the majority of teams that are governed by the league and what do they have that the mariners dont , now you dont have to think all that hard and it will come to you ............................................................................. yes thats it you got it A YOUTH TEAM the league are looking at the teams to see who is likeley to provide fresh talent for the senior team through the ranks and yet again as the mariners dont have a youth team i personally do not see the league granting league status to the mariners per say. the goalposts were litterally moved each and every time we as a team fullfilled yet another set of requirements as laid down by the powers at be, come on m8 wise up ............as sad as it seems to be to me. there is more chance of me playing in an nfl team in the next 6 months as there is of the mariners getting into the league, am sorry if this is all doom and gloom but hey look at the players the team has lost due to not turning up, injuries, lack of money the league fucking us about, after all the work you and paddy put in last year where did we get to, shit creek and paddle come to mind and that was not for the want of trying in the mean time someone from the newly formed committie that i suppose is in operation needs to get intouch with other team that we have approached to see if they will still play us, and can i ask that you try to keep everyone informed of whats going on be it through the forum or via email or even by phoning them.............................................................................
DEMON#75
DEMON#75

Back to top Go down

Post  FYSH on Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:54 pm

Jim, im glad that you voice your opinion on the forum but stop with the negative coments, its really starting to get anoying, we'll worry about the league decission in 9 months time when they are going to give it, untill then we work hard, keep training and see what we can make of it.
FYSH
FYSH

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Media interest Empty negative comments

Post  DEMON#75 on Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:38 pm

if any of the team other than fsyh or whatever the fuck your called dont like my comments then tough shit because IM REAL FUCKED OFF for all the guys who last year worked their bollocks off to get the team to a postion where they might get into the league. ok i might not be a player of the game any more but i see a real good team thats REAL FUCKED UP and if by me making these and other comment is pissing a few people off then you have to ask yourself why are they pissed off at a fat twats comments( i mean myself=fat twat) stop kidding yourselves that in october your gonna be ready, if with the help of experienced players of the skill level of dan and paddy and simon, and a great coach such as spike you cant hack it then im soryy but i dont see the future of the team beyond june of this year, if you dont like what im saying then tuff, this forum is for people associated with the club to sound off, as defined on www.grassroots.org :

What is a Forum ?

A forum is a public meeting place open for discussion on various topics. An online forum is sometimes called a bulletin board or dicussion area.There are many different kinds of forums.
The main idea of a forum is to provide a place where people can go and interact and dicuss specific topics. Each forum states a topic and tries to keep the discussion on that topic, but this varies as forums (and their users) may be prone to meandering.

furthermore you dont have to read any of my comments if they upset you so much, and if they upset you so much then please feel free to phone me and ill happily discuss it with you or contact me on msn most nights my email address is sbm2001@hotmail.com that is unless your happy to spout off on here without having the balls to back it all up
DEMON#75
DEMON#75

Back to top Go down

Media interest Empty oh by the way fsyh

Post  DEMON#75 on Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:40 pm

i just re read your last post and you presume that you will get in the league this time ........................dont bank on it
DEMON#75
DEMON#75

Back to top Go down

Post  Paddy on Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:05 am

If anyone needs media contacts pm me

I have contacts at Cumbria newspapers group (newsandstar, times and star, bsarrow evening mail, Whitehaven news, Cumberland news, west Cumbria gazette) BBC radio Cumbria, BBC cumbria online, BBC look northand some others. All of these have given us decent press over the last 18 months and I'm sure will continue to do so if someone wants to pick up communications.

also i have emails for the westmireland gazette, and Lancaster guardian
Paddy
Paddy
Admin

View user profile http://www.cumbriamariners.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  FYSH on Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:22 am

im not tryin to piss people off, nor anyone else for that matter, i just have the view that if someone were to stumble across this forum with an interest in playing and they read half of the stuff that has been put on here recently then the wont bother even giving it a try, im trying the best i can to keep the mariners going and to build on what shakey foundations we have left and i dont think the shit u and other keep coming out with is of any help what so ever (no offence intended), as for me spouting shit on here, i dont just say things for effect, if i sasy them, i mean them! if we dont make it come october the so be it but im sure as hell not gonna say i didn't give it my best shot, so before u go slagging me off, have a thought about what im actually saying rather that thinking im just having a go at people.
FYSH
FYSH

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paddy on Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:37 am

I think if people rally around Si and Fysh the team can make a go of it.

But it needs effort from everyone on and off the field. It cant all be done by one person.

Good on Si and Fysh its good to see there are some people taking it seriously.

I know i left the team, but id like to think i left on good terms and i want to keep it that way.
Paddy
Paddy
Admin

View user profile http://www.cumbriamariners.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  FYSH on Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:42 am

absoultely paddy,
no hard feeling from me at all, not towards any of you, and i (and i hope all of us) apreciate the advice your still lending to help us advance.
FYSH
FYSH

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Media interest Empty i did say it wa my last post but

Post  cumbriandave32 on Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:06 am

perhaps get admin status mike

clean out the forum start it fresh

change the 3 sections news, mariners, and a fun section

put down joining instructions with contact details and lock the thread

maybe by wiping last year you can focus on this year

cumbriandave32

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FYSH on Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:10 pm

I dont want to sensor the forum, i dont think thats right, all im asking is that people are more constructive and less destructive with what they post, i still belive this is possible, i know its a hell of alot of work, and that its not gonna be easy, but fuck it, we're still here league or no for at least 9 more months, after that its up to the league and the guys in the team.
FYSH
FYSH

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down