Cumbria Mariners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game Today

+9
Hoggy
Nellie
bigsmithy
artfuldodger73
Marcus
stumpy
Paddy
Spike 60
Scotty26
13 posters

Go down

Game Today Empty Game Today

Post  Scotty26 Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:11 am

Just to say well done to everyone today played well (the D rocked ha) no realy great job by all of yous.Looked and played like a team ok we didnt win but hey the wins will come.All just gotta stick it in for the offseason going running,gym whatever because yous have got a season of football to play next year.So make sure yous stay in shape over xmas.

Again Well Done!
Scotty26
Scotty26

Back to top Go down

Game Today Empty Re: Game Today

Post  Spike 60 Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:51 pm

Big thanks to Scotty and Murph for their help, especially on Defense.

Spike 60

Back to top Go down

Post  Paddy Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:40 pm

I though everyone was great today, Thanks to Spike for taking us up a level and turning us into a team.

Real proud of you guys
Paddy
Paddy
Admin

http://www.cumbriamariners.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Game Today Empty greetings from manchester

Post  stumpy Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:01 pm

hi guys

well done today - you should be really proud of yourselves - i'm sure with a few more players added to your numbers and some extra practice you'll be able to improve dramatically on the core of talent i saw last week - the fact is that nobody gives you a break if you come from Cumbria - it is an uphill struggle but use that to motivate yourselves, turn a weakness in to a strength - keep that fighting spirit. i'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you guys - i know you'll do well in the league next year which is where you obviously deserve to be.

stumpy

stumpy

Back to top Go down

Post  Marcus Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:34 pm

Sorry for my performance today guys - I'm pretty disappointed and really grateful that Luke was able to hang in there.

On the other hand (no pun intended) I'm typing this and having to use my mouse left handed since, despite having had my injuries on ice since half six, I can still not move my thumb without pain and my shoulder is still painful, as is my lower back.

I just wanted to say that I was impressed with both D and O today - everyone put in and I know of 4 injuries including myself that just about put players out (Hoggy, Flit, Butch and myself), but everyone pulled together and I don't think I saw any arguments or griping about others which was an excellent sign that the Mariners are ready.

Apologies to Craig and Luke for having to step in for me... hopefully I won't have to repay the favour (since it'll mean you were injured), but hope I'm there to do so for you if needed.

Lastly, one of the Nighthawk DL told me that the Mariners, in his opinion, were tougher opponents than some Division 2 teams they've played, so feel proud. He especially commented on the tight O line which made his job tough, so another plus.

Now starts the nervous wait to hear the results I guess.
Marcus
Marcus

Back to top Go down

Post  artfuldodger73 Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:12 pm

just got to say that there was a real change in our attitude to the game today. conditions didnt help but we did ourselves proud!!great defense was had for a real plusand offense did there part regardless of how hard it was to keep hold of a greasey ball. against a team that won the div 2 title that was a sound and ground out result!even tho they said they were missing many players!!!so did we! well done all and rol on BAFL!!! Whhoooo Yeeaahhhh! boo hoo no mariners hat for me. gutted!
artfuldodger73
artfuldodger73

Back to top Go down

Post  bigsmithy Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:43 pm

Hey guys
Whoever voted me in at mvp thanks but i think everyone on the team today deserved to wear that hat.
From our performance today i cant see any reason why we won't be in the league next year, it was a great team effort guys and i was proud to be on the field with all of you.
bigsmithy
bigsmithy

Back to top Go down

Game Today Empty And I obviously was shit then

Post  Nellie Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:10 am

Paddy wrote: Thanks to Spike for taking us up a level and turning us into a team.

The header says it all really. Thanks guys. I really like the confidence booster.
Nellie
Nellie

Back to top Go down

Game Today Empty Proud as fook

Post  Hoggy Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:03 am

Guys i'm so proud I play for a team called the CUMBRIA MARINERS, you lot were awesome out on that pitch yesterday, I was gutted i coulnd't play but i saw first hand what a great team we could be. if weather was better I think we might of got on score board. I was really impressed withthe defence you made some awesome tackles it was like watching the nfl, big hits every where. Well done boys and when you go to the game next sunday you can wear your jerseys with pride. Well done again c u at training when its on again.
Hoggy
Hoggy

Back to top Go down

Game Today Empty well done

Post  cumbriandave32 Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:08 am

Marcus Noon (#40, DL) wrote:Sorry for my performance today guys - I'm pretty disappointed

im proud to be part of the team, excuse me noon didnt notice any bad perfomances on that d you guys were exceptional, our o line grafted and dan did his job very well, be proud of your efforts
i think clyde may surprise a few teams next year,

fingers crossed weve done all we could

cumbriandave32

Back to top Go down

Game Today Empty To The Newest Mariners

Post  iainglen Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:27 am

Well done to the guys who took their bow on Sunday, -Mike, Chris, Toby & Warwick (did I miss anyone?) well played lads. Shame Mike G never got on, but such is life - your day will come mate.

And something to aspire to?...One day you could be a veteran Mariner like us guys who have played 3 (yes, count 'em...3!!) games.
iainglen
iainglen

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikeg Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:14 am

thanks for rubbing it in Iain. do you get a testimonial after 5 games for long service?
Mikeg
Mikeg

Back to top Go down

Post  iainglen Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:18 am

Mikeg wrote:thanks for rubbing it in Iain. do you get a testimonial after 5 games for long service?

Damn fine idea, Mike old chap! Only 2 to go! Hurrah!

But look on the bright side Mike, you're only 3 behind me!
iainglen
iainglen

Back to top Go down

Game Today Empty hi scotty

Post  DEMON#75 Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:26 pm

scotty there should be a prize for you m8 for all the hard work you have put into the team
DEMON#75
DEMON#75

http://cumbrianmariners2.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down