Last night

Go down

Last night Empty Last night

Post  Dan #11 on Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:20 am

Great session last night guys, great to see 20+ bodies training again. The sceptic in me would it was due to the game, but i'm sure thats not the case ey boys? Either way, we got a lot done and if a few more people stop give excuses like 'it was raining' then we'll be better off all round. Is there anyone who hasn't given me their shirt (I know there is cos I don't have them all!)
Dan #11
Dan #11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Last night Empty Re: Last night

Post  bigsmithy on Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:32 am

I've got 66 i'll try n remember it on sunda
bigsmithy
bigsmithy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Marcus on Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:30 am

Got 40 here (2XL) Dan, will go get it ready for sunday now.

And yeah, got a good ache on today - including a headache still from when I managed to ring my own bell screwing up that tackle on Craig.

Trust me to miss a week and come back to a session like that - I don't think I used any of the usual muscles I use as a lineman at all... I think Spike managed to find all the ones I'm not used to using. Laughing

Apologies again to Mike for managing to screw up those run plays for him - I'm not used to playing on O. On D, you tend not to stand up quickly - the aim's more to rush the O-Lineman than to be prepared to run any other way... it was an alien concept to me now - I've played O before in training, but not had to pull before. So once again, sorry mate... you were right to yell - I fully expect it when I screw up.

And you guys are a bad influence on me - the other day I found myself just about ready to go apeshit on someone - something I learned to control after years of martial arts training... I think playing D has reversed my self control... and I'm loving it! Very Happy
Marcus
Marcus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Last night Empty going ape shit

Post  murphy on Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:55 am

marcus being on d-line is all about going apeshit on someone otherwise you might aswell stand there and say "oh yes mr offensive lineman i will just lie down here while you go on and make a play" d-line is just about the only position you dont have to do very much thinkin!!!! to all d-linemen the guy infront of you tear his head off in training and in the game.

murphy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Marcus on Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:32 pm

Murphy: yeah, that's my point. I spent years learning to control my temper and now I'm unlearning that same control because I have to. Only in the past couple of months have I been able to let go enough to come close to being aggressive enough. Last game, was the only time I've gotten fired up enough and I loved it.

I still have problems getting pumped enough in training though... I think I'm still worried that I'll be responsible for putting someone out of training or, worse, force their retirement through getting too aggressive. I did that in my martial arts after forgetting myself and cracking a guy's rib after a sacrificial throw (having my then-18-stone bulk land on you will do that) in a grading (he never came back after that) and I guess I don't want to be the cause for losing us another player. In a game, all bets are off and I think I just cut loose. Smile
Marcus
Marcus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down