Cumbria Mariners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Match Subs

+7
murphy
Scotty26
Marcus
dave72
Dan #11
Hoggy
Paddy
11 posters

Go down

Match Subs Empty Match Subs

Post  Paddy Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:03 pm

Gameday Subs will be £25

To be paid on the day by everyone
Paddy
Paddy
Admin

http://www.cumbriamariners.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Match Subs Empty Re: Match Subs

Post  Hoggy Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:31 am

£25? if thats the cost to play i wont be playing this sunday, I can't afford to pay that sort of money, I'm going on holiday again soon and need all the money I can get. Especially since i've puled my hamstring and wont probably play much. Sorry boys.
Hoggy
Hoggy

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan #11 Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:06 am

I understand that this seems like a lot but lets put this is perspective:

the cost of the game is

Ambulance £400
Referees £ 250
League Advisor £150
Pitch £ 80

= £ 780

divide by 25 players = £31.20

so £25 is pretty fair.

simon has put £500 into the account to cover the cost of the game, and pay for what we couldnt afford last time, others have also paid a lot of money towards this team.

there isnt a graet deal of choice ... pay £25 each ... or we cant play ... thus there is no team next year.

if we could have had 100% attendance to training, and if everyone had paid each week we wouldnt be in this mess.

people didnt pay subs from the first game and its hitting us now.

for a year gateshead charge £450

From experience I know that each training session we charge 3 Fu**ing quid and at the end of it we rarely see half of what should be there. Last night for example: 20 odd players, about 30 quid! What the f**k is that all about? Come on guys where do you think the money comes from.

If you opt not to pay/play everyone else will have to absorb that cost, we will have less players and we'll have less chance of getting into the league. If people are going to be selfish as to say things like that you don't deserve a team next year. I'll go to gateshead and pay 20 times more.

If you really can't afford it, have a quiet word with simon, paddy or myself. Blindly making sensationalist ultimatums via the forum is not the way to do it.

Again hoggy, i understand what you are saying but, this will have set a president to the rest of the team and I don't believe you would let them all down for 25 quid?

Next year we shouldn't be paying at all. Is 25 quid now too much to ask to get us through this and into the league? Do you guys actually want to play this or not? Get some perspective

Hoggy if that is your honest decision can you still get your game shirt down on Sunday at 11?

Anybody else not playing?
Speak to Simon if you can't afford it in the short term - you will not be outcasted from this team if you genuinely can't afford it.

remember - everytime you didn't pay at training 3 pounds got added to this sum. It may go down if people are feeling honest and prepared to settle there own personal dept to the club. I will leave that on your conscience.

See you all tonight

Again, your closest other club, gateshead, charge £450 a year.

(rant over)

Last edited by Dan #11 on Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Dan #11
Dan #11

Back to top Go down

Post  Paddy Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:15 am

great team spirit Hoggy

Thanks for your support

Can I make something 100% clear, we are not running a profit making scheme here. We are charging what it will cost to cover our expenses.

We have been training over 12 months. Why throw it all away for the sake of 25 pounds.

A lot of people have put a lot of time, effort and money into this team. But the bottom line is that we can't run it without your support.
Paddy
Paddy
Admin

http://www.cumbriamariners.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  dave72 Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:01 am

well said

dave72

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoggy Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:48 am

What the fuck! £25 might seem nothing to you but some off us just can't afford it, i understand where your coming from but why have a go at me, their is probably a few players thinking jesus £25 but they wont say anything about it, well i'm not like that i speak my mind and if people don't like it then tough. Don't go slagging me off either say it to my face. I will bring the game shirt on sunday and will still cheer you lot on but like i say i can't afford it at this moment in time. see you sunday.
Hoggy
Hoggy

Back to top Go down

Post  Marcus Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:51 am

Guys, I've checked my finances and I think I can scrape up 35 quid - 10 towards Hoggy's, since I'm sure I owe him ten times that for giving me a lift to training by now. I had put some aside for my own, but I will admit that the 25 was a shock here too... I'd have appreciated a little more warning to make things easier, but hey.

I, for one, want to be able to say that I AM a Mariner next season, not I WAS a Mariner...

Hoggy: I'd not do this for anyone mate... so if you refuse, you WILL be insulting me... just so you know... Wink

Edit: I'm probably one of those guilty of not paying every week... sometimes that 3 quid is hard to find each time and I forget the next time... I do try to keep up to date though... so apologies guys if I did miss any... Crying or Very sad
Marcus
Marcus

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan #11 Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:56 am

I've had an extra shirt printed so the more the merrier
Dan #11
Dan #11

Back to top Go down

Post  Scotty26 Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:48 am

Just gotta say summet here not getin at anyone.Anyone who thinks £25 is alot well hell your in for a shock wen uz start playin games for real.Me n Murph play for Prem team EKPirates we pay £250 up front then we gotta make our own way to the likes of London Bristol games so what if we fly is bout £60 or drive £100 petrol.So all am trying to say is people sure know the cost of this game before they play so if the likes of Dan,Sie,or paddy ask for abit of funds dont bitch bout it!
Scotty26
Scotty26

Back to top Go down

Post  murphy Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:58 am

yeah so i think you lot should give me n scott the £25 us real ballers need it lol!

murphy

Back to top Go down

Match Subs Empty Match day subs!!

Post  rico Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:01 am

Guys no need to fall out over 25quid!! we need plenty of team spirit right now and ranting on the forum isnt going to help anybody!!
as for the subs i was shocked at the price and for one know i cant afford it especially with wembley next week but im gonna pay it as id rather pay 25quid now and play and possibly getting in the league than not!!
as for paying subs each week at training something should be done to ensure everyone pay each week as i for one know ive paid every week ive been there and still having to pay 25quid but that doesnt matter it be reet no need to fall out over it! but whoever is in charge of money needs some sort of book to tick off each week who pays then it would eliminate the problem we have at the mo!!
hoggy im sure between us all we gan chip in an extra quid each noony giving you a tenner anyway
come on guys we need everyone there or this ant gonna happen!!!!!
rico
rico

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoggy Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:24 pm

Guys, thanks for the offer but i'm not a charity. And i'm sorry for having a rant but i've had 3 hours sleep after being on night shift and wanted to get lairy. I will b their sunday. kit and all. see you then.
Hoggy
Hoggy

Back to top Go down

Post  Marcus Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:30 pm

I never said you are, my friend... but you ARE the guy who's carted me back and forth and listened to me bitch all the way home on more than one occasion... and a friend. I get 60 quid to pay for everything per week... I'd not offer that much up for just anyone... Wink
Marcus
Marcus

Back to top Go down

Match Subs Empty honesty

Post  cumbriandave32 Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:22 pm

i owe 21 training subs

Last edited by davebailiff32 on Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : may be offensive or excellent material to motivate merseyside)

cumbriandave32

Back to top Go down

Match Subs Empty i reckon this thread should get removed

Post  cumbriandave32 Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:26 pm

rico is right

cumbriandave32

Back to top Go down

Post  iainglen Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:00 am

my only bitch is...£150 for a league advisor??? They are taking the piss.
iainglen
iainglen

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikeg Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:06 am

Dan #11 wrote:I understand that this seems like a lot but lets put this is perspective:

the cost of the game is

Ambulance £400
)

For £400 do we get a drive in it. haha

league advisor getting £150 would be nice work.

anyway see you all tomorrow
Mikeg
Mikeg

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down